Different users from joomla system and membership

• antonis despotis
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98957 by antonis despotis
Different users from joomla system and membership was created by antonis despotis
Can we have and also import different users in membership pro and dont mess with the joomla users?I want to import a large list for a 1 days event and i dont want to change some users that is already in joomla their password and groups?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #98987 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Different users from joomla system and membership
Hello

If users exists in Joomla, their password won't be changed, don't worry. However, about the Joomla groups, if :

1. You are using Joomla groups plugin

2. If the plan users is imported has Joomla group settings

3. If data for published column = 1

Then users will be added to the Joomla groups which you select for that plan (the same way if he subscribe for that plan in the frontend)

Hope the answers are clear to you

Tuan

• antonis despotis
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #99014 by antonis despotis
Replied by antonis despotis on topic Different users from joomla system and membership
and what happens if the users has different groups.Will each one after the 1 day subscription will return to their group or at least membership pro will remove them from the 1 day group that i have created and leave the rest as it was for each user?Dont forget that i have different groups in these users.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #99050 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Different users from joomla system and membership
When subscription expired, they will only be removed from the groups which you select in the plan. So basically, they will return back to the groups they belong to before

You can try to test it with one subscriber, try to import, then edit the subscription records, change subscription status to Expired, save it

Then check the groups of that subscriber and make sure it is working in the way you want

Tuan

• antonis despotis
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #99128 by antonis despotis
Replied by antonis despotis on topic Different users from joomla system and membership
Is there an option when a user is already signed in joomla to bypass the registration and leave the password the same as the user and only add him to the subscription plan?It will be a greaat feature as we will not have to worry about changing already users password and cause problems.New users can have the new account but old users in joomla stay as they are only the group is changed according to plan.Is there any sollution for this?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #99155 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
There are some code in our extension should handle it. Guess I wrote it for supporting purpose. You can follow the steps below to get it works as expected:

1. Login to administrator area of your site

2. Access to this URL

domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...o_plan_id=ID_OF_PLAN

- domain.com of course need to be replaced with your site URL
- ID_OF_PLAN needs to be replaced with ID of the plan you want to import Joomla users to

After doing that, all existing Joomla users will be added as subscribers of the plan above. I think it should solve your issue/concern

Regards,

Tuan