Questions on Recurring subscriptions

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #101881 by LMKweb
Questions on Recurring subscriptions was created by LMKweb
I'd like some clarification on how recurring subscriptions work. Here is an example of what I need:

I have three membership levels. Each level offers two options: pay in full, or pay monthly (8 payments).

All memberships end in May 2018, regardless of the start date.

Currently, I have one category set up for each membership level, with two plans in each category: pay in full and payment plan.

For level 1, the pay-in-full amount is $900. I am a little confused on how to configure the recurring subscription plan. It should be $112.50 payment for 8 months, even though the subscription technically lasts 9 months (September through May).

Should the price for the plan be $900 or $112.50?
Should the subscription length be 1 month (since we want them to pay monthly), 8 months (since we want 8 payments total), or 9 months (the actual duration)?

We do not allow renewal for these plans, since they reset every year and only run September through May. But if I have renewal turned off for the recurring subscription, will that affect how the billing is processed?

Also, is there a way to set the billing date? Our preference would be for the payments to be processed on the 10th of each month, starting on September 10th, regardless of sign-up date.

Thanks for your assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #101938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Questions on Recurring subscriptions
Hi

1. The price needs to be 112.50

2. Subscription Length must be 1 month

3. Number Payments parameter needs to set to 8

4. Turn of renewal doesn't affect renew recurring subscription

5. No way to set the billing date. Most of the payment gateways doesn't support this option. So we will have to process the payment on the date which they sign up

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: LMKweb

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102025 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Questions on Recurring subscriptions
Thanks, that's helpful! I have another question about how the pro-rated option works with recurring payments. If someone signs up in October, for example, I want to reduce the amount of payments by 1, so they pay the same amount for for fewer months. Is the only way to do this by manually changing the number of payments?

More
6 years 8 months ago #102033 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Pro-rated could not be used in this case. I think in this case, you will need to edit the plan at that time and change the number of payments parameter as you mentioned

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: LMKweb

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102137 by LMKweb
OK I will do that, thanks!

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106035 by LMKweb
Hi Tuan - another few questions on this topic.

My members have been getting emails that their subscriptions are renewing each month, and it's pushing their expiration date back by one month each month. THey are finding this very confusing, because all expiration dates should remain at May 25, 2018, and I have renewal turned off.

I went in and removed the language from the subscription renewal email, will this prevent those emails from going out?

How can I make the system stop adding a month to the end of the subscription?

Use scenario:
  • People signing up in August, September, or October make 8 monthly payments of $112.50. PayPal charges their card 8 times, regardless of when they signed up. The expiration date remains May 25, 2018, all year.
  • People signing up in November make 7 monthly payments of $112.50. Paypal charges their card 7 times, and the expiration date remains May 25, 2018.
  • People signing up in December make 6 monthly payments of $112.50. etc.

If I go in each month and manually adjust the number of payments due so that new subscribers make one less payment, how will this affect current subscribers? Does their payment remain the same at PayPal? Or does this change how many remaining payments are charged?

More
6 years 5 months ago #106110 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

1=> Yes, if you remove the subject, the email won't be sent

2=> Adding one month is an expected behavior with the way Membership Pro is designed to work. When a payment happens, the system will renew subscribers Membership, and with subscription length set to 1 month, it will add one month to the subscription. Right now, we don't have a way to stop the system from adding one month on renewal

3=> Yes, you can change the number of payment each months, it will only affect new subscribers. For existing subscribers, it won't have any affect

Tuan