Subscription management questions

• Chrystelle
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #105739 by Chrystelle
Subscription management questions was created by Chrystelle
Hello,

1. Two step validation for subscription plan?
I have a subscription plan with special price for unemployed people. I need them to send a document (file) which proves that they are unemployed. I used the custom field to allow them to attach a file. I would like the subcription plan to be confirmed only after this step (=after the file is checked by us). Is there a way to do that?

2. Group management

- When a user group admin wants to add some users in his group, he gets equivalent of the general subsciption form for each additionnal user.
I would like to dislay a simplified form in this case, so that only the group admin has to fill in the postal address (once at the beginning) and then few fields such as name, email..., would be required for the members of each group.
Is this possible and how?

- Group admin has the choice among several subcription plans when he adds a user. Can I choose which plans will appear here and how?

- In the backend, there is a field aimed at mentionning the maximum number of users per group. Is the admin included in this number of not? That is, if I want a total of 10 people maximum in the plan, should I write 9 or 10?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #105754 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription management questions
Hi

1=> Unfortunately, it is not supported. At the time users sign up, as soon as he completed payment for the subscription, he will become active subscribers.

If you want to prevent them from logging in to your site unless you approve the subscription, maybe go to Users -> Manage, click on Options button in the toolbar, set New User Account activation parameter to Administrator so that admin needs to check and approve his account before he can login

2=>

- You can edit the field you don't want to show on group member form, set Show on group member form to No and it will be hided. I guess it will solve your issue.

- It is not possible. Group admin can choose to add group members to any plans which he he subscribed and have group membership option enabled

- Admin is not included in this counter. In your case, write 9 instead of 10

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrystelle

• Chrystelle
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #105766 by Chrystelle
Replied by Chrystelle on topic Subscription management questions
Hello and thanks a lot.

Group admin can choose to add group members to any plans which he he subscribed and have group membership option enabled

-> How do I enable/disable this Group Membership Option?
-> What if I also set Show on group member form to No so that none of the plans would appear and the member would automatically be a member of the plan to which the group admin subscribed (provided I suppose a group admin would only subscribe at one plan at a time)? Will that work?

What happens when an existing Joomla user wants to become a subscriber via Membership Pro? I tried and got a message saying the email, name, etc., already exist and another one should be chosen. How can this be dealt with?

On the subscription table page, the title (translated, corresponding to the first line: OSM_SUBSCRIPTION_PLANS "Subscription Plans") disappeared. Any idea of how I can have it back?

More
6 years 4 months ago #105779 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

1=> To enable group membership option, edit the plan, there is a setting called Max number of group members, enter number of group members you want to enable group admin to add there

2=> I don't know how members join a group in this case? By design, group members will need to be added by group admin, so no way for members to join a group automatically like you said

3=> You can go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set the two config options below to Yes:
- Registration Integration
- Show login box on subscription page

By doing that, existing users can login to their account before continue processing the subscription and it will be OK

4=> For that title, I don't know why it is not there now. Maybe in the menu item you created, you have show page heading parameter set to No and it causes the issue? You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account and link to the page so that we can check it for you

Tuan

• Chrystelle
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #105931 by Chrystelle
Thanks. Most of these issues are solved now.

I have one remaining question. Either I was not clear at first, either I didn't understand your answer :

- Show login box on subscription page
By doing that, existing users can login to their account before continue processing the subscription and it will be OK

I understand only group admin can add members to a group of subscribers?
In this case, if the existing member is not the admin, he can't join the group when he is logged in.
My question, please, is: how does a group admin adds an existing user?

More
6 years 4 months ago #105949 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

You would have to create a menu item to link to Manage Group Members menu option of Membership Pro to allow group admin to login and add group members

Please read documentation about group membership again membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/group-membership and you should understand how it works

Regards,

Tuan

• Chrystelle
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #106003 by Chrystelle
Hello Tuan,
Yes, Menu Link is there.
When group admin wants to add an existing user, the system says that the user already exists and another one should be chosen.
Here is a screen capture attached.
Is there something I can do to resolve this?
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #106031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

That mean that username was used by someone else already (that user is already having Joomla account on your site)

In this case, I think you might want to go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set Enable Select Existing User config option to Yes

By doing that, you will be able to select existing user when you add group members

Regards,

Tuan

• Chrystelle
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #106124 by Chrystelle
Thanks, it works fine.
Let me put something on the wish list: make it possible for the system to recognise automatically the existing emails, whithout the group admin having access to the entire database of subscribers.
In other words: the group admin types in an email, without even needing to know whether the user is an existing one or not.

More
6 years 4 months ago #106129 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Use it as how it is for now, if there are other customers need it, I will consider adding support for it in the future

Regards,

Tuan