Possible Migration from Akeeba Subscription

• Stanley Lim
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106112 by Stanley Lim
Possible Migration from Akeeba Subscription was created by Stanley Lim
Hi, OS Team,
I am currently using Akeeba Subscription for my eLearning site using Joomla 3.5.1 and is planning to migrate to your OS Membership Pro as Akeeba Subscription has ceased their development and support. Can Membership Pro be installed and migrate our current subscription plan to MP? We started with free version of Akeeba Sub and membership was manually created without online payment. Our project is a non-profit eLearning platform for kids to learn cartooning and animation. Do you have free version of MP which we can try migrate first and upgrade later if we want to sell online our plans? Can your MP support the latest version Joomla 3.8? Any future continuous development of MP? Because we are worried discontinue development if we want to sell online in the future.

Awaiting your prompt feedback here. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #106128 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Possible Migration from Akeeba Subscription
Hello Lim

I replied you with the detailed answers via email. Please check your email to see my response

Regards,

Tuan

• Stanley Lim
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #106431 by Stanley Lim
Replied by Stanley Lim on topic Possible Migration from Akeeba Subscription
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your reply. My site Akeetoons.com is currently running Akeeba Subscription (AS) since 2014 with Joomla version 3.5.1. I have some problems as my hosting company is migrating my site to php 5.6 php version server by 30.11.17 and my current site is on native (5.6) php version which is doing fine. But when I changed php version to php 5.6 in CP, my subscription info all cannot be accessed. Cannot edit subscription plan in admin page and also in front-end, user cannot subscribe. Error pages appeared. So, I need to migrate my current Akeeba Subscription engine to Membership Pro (MP), right? My worry are:

1. Should I upgrade Joomla to 3.6 first or should I migrate AS to MP first then only upgrade to Joomla to 3.6? Which version of MP should I use?

2. After migration to MP, will it run perfectly as per my initial Akeeba Engine? with all subscribers and subscription plan intact?

3. How do I perform the migration to MP from Akeeba Sub? Tutorials needed.

4. Since using Akeeba Sub, we cannot customized Paypal plugin (not running exactly) even with all Paypal API ID, Password and Key keyed into the plugin page. Currently all subscription plan/subscribers are created manually backend, not automatically front-end by users themselves. Can i know, will your MP accept Paypal as well and can be customized into Joomla plugin?

5. Any discount or special offer for me to try out MP first (to see the functionality) as I am basically running this service as a non-profit entity and as my hobby venture in cultivating young talents in cartooning area in Malaysia only and most of the packages we gave free or subsidized to users. Hopefully, by upgrading to MP engine, then we can go globally. Hope OS Solution can help us.

Thanks.