Where to enter the Paypal email address in Pro plg

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #106200 by azurelink
Hi JoomDonation --

We are using Membership Pro to sell memberships on our Joomla 3.8.2 site.
We have a valid TLS 1.2 SSL Certificate installed, yet we are getting "invalide security header" errors when attempting to run a test transaction.

We have both the default Paypal Payment plugin installed and the Paypal Payment Pro plugin.
The Paypal Payment plugin is disabled and the Paypal Email address is empty.
There is no Paypal Email field in the pro plugin. Where do we need to enter the Paypal email address?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #106217 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Where to enter the Paypal email address in Pro plg
Hello

The PayPal Pro payment plugin is used for different purpose. It allow users to make payment by entering credit card information directly on your site. However, to use it, you must:

1. Ask PayPal to enable PayPal Website Payment Pro for your account

2. PayPal charges you monthly fee (30$ / month)

3. It can only be used if you are from one of the country like US, UK, Canada and Australia

So the first thing is that if you want to use PayPal Pro, you need to contact PayPal and ask them to enable that feature for your account

Regards,

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #106252 by azurelink
Thanks Tuan,
I'll check into that. So the question is regarding how to properly configure the MP Paypal Pro plugin.

1. Do I need to enable both default Paypal Payment Plugin AND the MP Paypal Pro plugins?
2. I see that MP Paypal Pro does not have a field to enter the Paypal account email address. Do where do I enter it?
3. In Paypal, what type of API credentials do I need for MP? The options are:
A. Pre-built Payment Solution
B. Braintree SDK integration
C. NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic).
4. Do I need to enable both the default Paypal payment plugin AND the MP Paypal Pro plugins for it to work?

Thanks Tuan!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #106264 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Where to enter the Paypal email address in Pro plg
Hi

1=> No, it is independent. You just need to enable the option you want

2=> PayPal Pro doesn't need it. As you see, it needs different parameters, not PayPal Email

3. I believe it is option C

4. As I said, no, it is not needed. If you just need PayPal Pro, enable PayPal Pro payment plugin only

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #106651 by Tim Johns
Yes, there is no documentation for the PayPal Pro plugin. Searched everywhere and this thread is the closest thing I've found. You have a choice of different applications/APIs in PayPal (REST, NVP/SOAP).
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Tim Johns. Reason: Realized the list of 26 apis weren't actually apis but documentation. There are only 2.

More
6 years 4 months ago #106652 by Tim Johns
Also, the response, 'I believe it is SOAP', might be different now. Seems like REST is more common. Is it REST or NVP/SOAP?

More
6 years 4 months ago #106653 by Tim Johns
I first tried creating a REST API. But it gives you different information than the plugin asks for (no api username, password, or signature is provided). So I tried the SOAP API and there's just too much involved to go through if it happens to be the wrong type of API (pasted below)...

FOR APP TESTING:
If you require an AppID for development and testing purposes, please use our sandbox environment: www.sandbox.paypal.com with test AppID: APP-80W284485P519543T. Please note that live credentials for testing purposes will not be approved.
The following steps are required before submitting application form. Your application will not be processed until you have completed all these steps:

☐ You have a verified Premier/Business PayPal account.
☐ You have read and agreed to the PayPal developer agreement and PayPal AUP Policy.
☐ You have a published business URL and term and condition URL and/or an app store URL specific for your mobile app.
☐ You have a business registration doc and/or personal ID for a business review.
App Information
Title *

SOAP PP Payments Pro
On what platform does your app run? *

Describe the business purpose of payment, senders and receivers, and end to end and step by step payment flow involved. *

Note: Failure to provide a description will delay the approval process
Are you submitting this request for a PayPal App ID to use with a plugin or platform you are using? If so, please provide link to website where you purchased this plugin: *

Show Industry and Use CasesIdentify the industry and use cases most applicable to your Application. *
Services used by app

Hide Adaptive PaymentsLeverage flexible payment APIs to process payments in new and innovative ways. *

Basic Payments

Chained Payments

Preapprovals

Expected monthly payment volume and average transaction amount in US *

Monthly payment volume

Average transaction amount
Who is responsible for chargebacks or refunds? *

Note: The Primary/first receiver in chained payment will always be the sole responsible party of chargebacks and refunds
Your site/app Terms and Services URL: *

URL
Note: Be sure it is in compliance with PayPal AUP policy

Hide Adaptive AccountsCreate and manage PayPal Personal, Premier, and Business accounts.
What Adaptive Account features will the app use?
Create Personal and Premier Accounts Only
Create Business Accounts
Add Bank Account
Add Credit Card
Get Verified Status (Requires to pass both name and email in the API call)

Hide 3rd Party PermissionsRequest users grant you permission to make API calls on their behalf.
Which APIs will your end-users need to grant permissions for?

Accept or deny a pending transaction

Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions

Create and manage PayPal Payment button on your behalf

Dynamically encrypt PayPal payment buttons on your website

Issue a credit to a debit or credit card

Obtain transaction specific information

Obtain your PayPal account balance

Process a payment based on previous transaction

Process your customers' credit or debit card payments

Refund a transaction on your behalf

Search your transaction specific information

Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results

Use Express Checkout to process mobile payments

Use Express Checkout to process payments
Note: Certain Advanced APIs require additional review time and process requirements.

Hide InvoicingCreate, deliver and manage online invoices. Electronically track invoice payments and get paid instantly.
Online Invoicing
Testing Information *
Step-by-step Payment Flows Instructions *

Test URL (if applicable)

Supply Test Account Name and Password *

Additional Testing Files (Ad Hoc files required for mobile app submissions).
Add a new file
Choose FileUpload
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: png pdf jpeg doc jpg docx.
Business Information
To speed up the review process, please upload any relevant business documents (eg. business registration, proof of address, ID card).
Add a new file
Choose FileUpload
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: pdf png jpg jpeg doc docx.
Please Provide your live URL if available

Vertical Tabs
Submit AppSave DraftCancel
FOR APP TESTING:
If you require an AppID for development and testing purposes, please use our sandbox environment: www.sandbox.paypal.com with test AppID: APP-80W284485P519543T. Please note that live credentials for testing purposes will not be approved.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #106681 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

1. The API we use is NVP developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/NVPAPIOverview/

2. The method we are using to process payment is developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/me...t_API_Operation_NVP/

3. Here is the link to get the API information developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/ap...tificate-credentials

Please look at the link in the item #3 I listed above, it should guide you how to get API Username, API Password, API Signature to use it with the PayPal Pro payment plugin

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim Johns

More
6 years 4 months ago #106779 by Tim Johns
Awesome! Appreciate that, Tuan.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #106799 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome .