Subscription plans

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124593 by Leon Jackson
Subscription plans was created by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan

There is something weird happening in the Subscription Plans and I Want you to help me find the solution for that.
Right now in our system we have monthly and Annual plans that user can Subscribe and each monthly and annual plans has 5 levels.

Here I'm Having the case :

Suppose user signs up with level 1 membership, in user area he will have options to upgrade from level 1 to level 2 - 5. Now if he upgrades to level 4, he will have option to upgrade from level 4 to level 5. Along with these he will have options to upgrade from level 1 to level 2, 3 and 5.

This is quite confusing for users. If he upgrades from level 4 to level 5 the system works fine. But if he selects any plan of level 1 to level 2, 3 or 5, the user will have 2 active subscriptions.

I need your suggestion in this about how we can avoid situations like this. So that user can have only 1 active subscription.

Regards
Leon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124594 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription plans
Maybe we can disable upgrading from level 1 to other level in this case? And I want to ask again: Is level 1 is a free subscription plan?

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124595 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic Subscription plans
Yes Tuan, level 1 is a free membership plan. If we disable level 1 to other levels, user will not find any option to opt for lower subscription plan than the level he is on. As if user is on level 3 and we disable level 1 to other level options, the only options user will see is level 3 to level 4 and level 3 to level 5.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124596 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If I understand your issue correctly, you can follow the instructions below to get the issue sorted:

1. Create a folder called override under components/com_osmembership/helper

2. Get this file, unzip it, upload to to the folder components/com_osmembership/helper/override (which was created in step #1)

Then check it again to see whether it works

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124597 by Leon Jackson
Now all the level 1 to other level options are not displaying there. I check with a level 4 profile, the only option showing there is level 4 to level 5. Now my concern is that how will user downgrade his membership to any lower level like 2 or 3.

Leon

More
4 years 11 months ago #124598 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You need to edit level 4 plan, add upgrade options to allow users to upgrade to level 3 , level 2.... (same as how they upgrade to level 5)

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124600 by Leon Jackson
Thanks a lot Tuan for all your help. Really appreciated.

Regards
Leon

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124606 by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan

I have successfully placed your override file and the issue is fixed. I am facing issue in one case though. I have a user with level 3 monthly subacription whose membership has expired. Now he is reverted back to level 1 but he is not able to see those level 1 options now. The only option that is visible to him is Renew level 3 Membership.

Regards
Leon

More
4 years 11 months ago #124621 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Leon

By it's design, the system won't show renew option for plans which he was upgraded from

In your case, he upgraded from level 1 to other plan, so the system don't allow renewing anymore

If you need to offer renew options, we will have to customize the code. You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account so that we can help with this customization

Also, your subscription was expired, so you should renew your subscription to continue receiving support and update from us in the future

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124652 by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

I have renewed the membership.

The issue is that the user has been downgraded to a Level 1 from a Level 3 because his Level 3 has expired. So his current membership is Level 1, which means he should have Level 1 options to upgrade if he so wishes shouldn't he?