Failed to send email for successfully payment

• Yan Shuang
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131341 by Yan Shuang
Sometimes when the subscription payment went through but the status of the application is still under pending and there wasnt any email send out to the customer.
This does not apply to all subscription, only some.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131345 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Failed to send email for successfully payment
Hello Yan

The most important thing is what's the status of the subscription record after payment completed:

- If it's Pending, then the payment gateway could not notify the system for some reason and it causes the issue
- If it's Paid and email is not sent, then maybe there is a problem with the mail server could not deliver email to target email address

To monitor this, better go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, look at Log Email Types config option, choose to log the email types you want

Then next time, when the issue happens, you can access to Tools -> Emails Logs to see if the email is logged there

Tuan

• Yan Shuang
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131348 by Yan Shuang
Replied by Yan Shuang on topic Failed to send email for successfully payment
Hi,

I did log the emails and it is indeed not send out.

Yes the status is Pending after payment is completed, is there anyway to solve this?

• Yan Shuang
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131349 by Yan Shuang
Replied by Yan Shuang on topic Failed to send email for successfully payment
Hi,

I did log the emails and it is indeed not send out.

Yes the status is Pending after payment is completed, is there any way to solve this?

More
4 years 2 months ago #131366 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Failed to send email for successfully payment
Hello Yan

I would say that it is hard to solve this issue. The reason is because look like for this case (sometime happens), the payment gateway could not notify the system about the payment for some reasons and it causes the error. In that case, there is no way for Membership Pro to know about the payment to update status of the record to Paid and send email....

For these cases, I think you will have to check and update status of the subscription record to Paid manually

Regards,

Tuan