i notice the image path are fixed to /images/osproperty

a good suggestion would be give config options for that path that consist of

agent
categories
properties
companies

etc

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #18510 by Anatoly
Replied by Anatoly on topic Re: IMAGE PATH

sti wrote: hi

i notice the image path are fixed to /images/osproperty

a good suggestion would be give config options for that path that consist of

agent
categories
properties
companies

Or, at least, use ItemID number as subfolders. This will make a good structured image catalog and will make it easier to search needed images. Also there are problem with FTP servers - some of them show only 2000 files or folders. I have, for example, 5000 files and 300 properties. This means that I'll not be able to see all my files in case they are all in one directory. But if i'll have them in their own folders then i'll see everytime all of my files and folders untill I'll have more then 2000 folders(properties). I think this is reasonable suggestion.

Thanks,
Anatoly
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Anatoly.

More
11 years 2 months ago #24974 by Krx
Replied by Krx on topic Re: IMAGE PATH

Anatoly wrote: Or, at least, use ItemID number as subfolders. This will make a good structured image catalog and will make it easier to search needed images. Also there are problem with FTP servers - some of them show only 2000 files or folders. I have, for example, 5000 files and 300 properties. This means that I'll not be able to see all my files in case they are all in one directory. But if i'll have them in their own folders then i'll see everytime all of my files and folders untill I'll have more then 2000 folders(properties). I think this is reasonable suggestion.

This in combo with option to set image path would be awesome.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #31557 by Nadia
Replied by Nadia on topic Re: IMAGE PATH
Well, I am not sure if this will help or not. I was facing the same issue with this photo folder. My hosting provider will consider any folder with more than 1100 files are resource hog. So, here is what I did to remedies the situation,
I am currently using external image uploader to upload my property pictures via external software. I am using my property software that has been integrated with OSP to upload my images. So, here is what I did:

1. I added a field in osrs_property and name if file_id
2. On my SQL INSERT query, instead of naming the images $image.jpg, I named it with a folder name attached to it (ie: FILEID/image.jpg). with "fileid" being the image folder. I also was able to create a SQL INSERT to insert all the thumbnails and medium images into it's own folder by naming it: fileid/thumb/image.jpg and fileid/medium/image.jpg.

This worked out very well because when OSP is trying to pull data for image name, it is not only getting image name. Instead it is getting "fileid/image.jpg". This way, I have a separate image folder for each and every one of my properties. All named accordingly to a fileID of the property.

So, your homework is now to figure out the way to change the SQL INSERT in OSP to store not only the image name but also the folder name attached to the image name then have the image saved into that folder. You can create an external PHP script for it or Dam may have a solution for you. I believe he said we only need to mod the listing and commons file to get this accomplished. But don't quote me on this. It's been almost couple of months since I talked to him about it. So, yeah, I hope this will help.

PS: One more thing, I just noticed this: In the latest version (2.0.8), they have added a new field called "Ref ID" so, you can probably use that instead of adding a field to SQL manually. So, if you can figure out a way to name the image "ref/image.jpg", you have the problem resolved!
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Nadia.

• sti
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #31610 by sti
Replied by sti on topic Re: IMAGE PATH
Good idea ther.

Mr Dam any comment on this ?

• sti
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #88859 by sti
Replied by sti on topic IMAGE PATH
Gosh Dam , its 3 years ago we requested it , any update please sweety .

Moderators: Mr. Dam