How to make Agent to add properties - Frontend

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #46769 by Mr. Dam
Dear All customers,
Some customers asked us that "How to make an Agent to be able to add properties at front-end of their site", this is simple configure in OS Property and you don't need much technical to implement it. In this topic, we will show you how to allow agent/ owner to be able to add properties at front-end of OS Property.
Notice: This tutorial only for the case that you don't integrate OS Property with Membership Pro
1. Allow Agent to be able to add properties at front-end of OS Property by turn on the field "Allow User upload their properties" at Backend > OS Property > Configuration > Tab User
2. After above step, agent will be able to add their properties at front-end of component. But we believe you will have another question "I want only agent can see the - Add property - link". Of course, this is the great question. If we put the Joomla menu link at front-end of site. All clients can see and click on that link, only agents can go to "Add property" form, remain clients will be redirected to home page with message "You don't have permission to go to this page", and it makes them confusing. To solve this problem, we have another solution for you. We will setup the menu "Add property" for agencies only. It means, only agencies can click on the "Add property" link. Please go to next step for more details.
3. Create Agent user group
First of all, we need to create the Joomla user group for agent. To create Joomla User group, please go to backend > Users > Group > Add new User group. Look at picture 1.png
4. Create new Agent access level
After creating user group, we must create the Access level for the group. To create Joomla Access level, please go to backend > Users > Access Levels > Add new access level. See at picture 2.png
5. Assign Agent to Joomla user group
To assign agent to Joomal group we just created, please go to backend > OS Property > Configuration > Tab User > And select created group at dropdown select list: Agent/ Owner Joomla User group. See at picture 3.png
After this step, all agents will be assigned into 2 Joomla user groups: Registered and Agent (just created)
6. Create "Add property" menu
We can create the menu to layout "Agent: Add property" of OS Property component and select Access level is the created access level (above). To create menu, please go to backend > Menu > main menu > add new menu.
After that, go to front-end. Login with agent Joomla account. You will see the link to add properties.
Good luck
Dam
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Mr. Dam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Pabon, Pierre A. Martin, Martin Murithi, Mihail, Artemios, Naiara, Olga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49162 by Kenneth Pabon
Replied by Kenneth Pabon on topic How to make Agent to add properties - Frontend
Thank you !!!!

KennethRules | Greenhouses

More
9 years 1 month ago #57569 by jeffrey
Hi, Dam.

I did follow your steps. But after login and click into the "Add New Property" menu, It showing "you do not have permission to go to this area".
Please refer to attachment.

Jeffrey
Attachments:

More
9 years 1 month ago #57570 by jeffrey
hi, this problems is solved.

Tq

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #58883 by steven saenz
Replied by steven saenz on topic How to make Agent to add properties - Frontend
hi

my site

www.bienesraicesguatemala.co

In my case i want that the "add property" appears to all guest so they can login and add a propertie,
i install a social login module as u can see, works well but when guest log in with facebook account doesnt allow him to publish or add a propertie. and in my case i want guest that register or log in allow them to be like a agent, because mostly of my user will come from a facebook group and they dont work for me. they are individual agents and companys

thanks

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #58886 by steven saenz
Replied by steven saenz on topic How to make Agent to add properties - Frontend

steven saenz wrote: hi

my site

www.bienesraicesguatemala.co

In my case i want that the "add property" appears to all guest so they can login and add a propertie,
i install a social login module as u can see, works well but when guest log in with facebook account doesnt allow him to publish or add a propertie. and in my case i want guest that register or log in allow them to be like a agent, because mostly of my user will come from a facebook group and they dont work for me. they are individual agents and companys

a question? if its not posible that registeres user can add a properties, its a way that a login module appears as public, so guest can use that login module (agent login module) in order to register as agent and then be able to add propertieser by theyself
its no worth or usefull for this proyect that admin should aprove or creat agents.
if is no way to do that please let me know as soon as possible. Because i will have to check another component.

thanks

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #58905 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steven,
Unfortunately, OS Property doesn't allow normal Joomla user to add properties at front-end of component. Only agents/ owners and in next version is company admistrator can add properties at front-end.
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 9 months ago #63823 by Дмитрий
Replied by Дмитрий on topic How to make Agent to add properties - Frontend
Good day! I have a problem with uploading photos using the front-end website. After selecting the image and clicking save, I get a white screen and nothing happens, the photos on the website don't load. When you do this via the Backend everything boots fine.

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #63824 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Please re-download OS Property 2.8.1 and install it to get this bug fixed
Thanks
Dam

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #64339 by Wendy Manning
Replied by Wendy Manning on topic How to make Agent to add properties - Frontend
I have created menu for add property and for Agents registration, both are set as 'registered' users.
I have created agent user group
my agents still do not have permission to add property and I cannot see anywhere to edit properties, even if they are also company administrators.

I have just upgraded the component to 2.8.2 but the agent still does not have permission to edit their own property. I can see the red 'edit' button on properties that are with this agent, when they are logged in but no permission to edit.

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi Steven,
Unfortunately, OS Property doesn't allow normal Joomla user to add properties at front-end of component. Only agents/ owners and in next version is company admistrator can add properties at front-end.
Thanks
Dam

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Wendy Manning.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan