SOLVED - SEF / Rewrite URL problem with property details links

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #122372 by MelanieB
Hi,

form some time now I have had problems with broken urls on page refresh. I have tried loads of solutions but none have worked 100%.

I have figured (I think) what the cause is. It only appears to affect OSProperty as all other components work fine on page refresh.

Basically I have narrowed it down to URL rewriting. If I disable this in Joomla it refreshes OK. However the problem with that is the url now includes index.php in it which I believe isn't good for SEO.

I have ensured that mod_rewrite is enabled, gone through plugins, worked on cache etc. but nothing makes it work.

I notice on your demo templates you also have rewriting turned off?

Is there a way to get OSProperty working with rewriting enabled?

Kind regards

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #122600 by MelanieB
An update in case anyone else experiences this. I have now fixed this problem. I thought it was an issue with OSProperty because it only happened on property listings pages but it wasn't (I think it affected those pages because they were dynamic with content regularly changing).

It was a couple of things:

1. I have JCOptimize and I disabled the URL rewriiting of CSS files setting and just used the PHP option.

2. On the advice of the people at cpanel I updated to the latest version of mod_security2

3. I installed OSWASP

4. I was using an htaccess file created with Akeeba Admin Tools which was causing authz access errors in my error logs so I replaced this with the default Joomla htaccess

Kind regards

Mel
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by MelanieB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan