OS Property support center

Locator-Search & Advanced-Search unnecessary load

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92778 by Napoleon
Hi Dam,
Why is there a page load when the user clicks the "for sale", "For lease", and "for rent" tabs at the top of the search parameter div, even if they click the current tab? Since all the fields displayed are the same for all the property types, this seems redundant, and could be done simply by choosing which div is visible (ie standard tab functionality).

The problem with the reload is that it clears any parameters that the user has entered and they have to start again. This is not a good thing from a usability point of view. User input should be preserved when changing between property types.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92818 by Mr. Dam
Hi Napoleon,
Can you please explain more details your idea through screenshot?
Thanks
Dam

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92823 by Napoleon
On the Advanced Search (as well as the Locator Search), when you click any of the circled links, the page reloads. This causes any existing input to be reset. A user should be able to change between the three categories without loosing their criteria. If necessary, a 'reset' button could be added that would clear the input to default values.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Napoleon.

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92828 by Napoleon
The lines in the rendered page are:
Code:
<ul class="nav nav-tabs"> <li ><a href="/public-menu/advanced-search/adv-for-sale">For sale</a></li> <li class='active'><a href="/public-menu/advanced-search/adv-for-lease">For lease</a></li> <li ><a href="/public-menu/advanced-search/adv-for-rent">For rent</a></li> </ul>
Notice the use of an anchor link which perhaps could be an onclick()?

More
7 years 3 months ago #92977 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
They are 3 different forms, they aren't just the tabs as you thought. When you click on other tab like For Lease. OS Property will redirect you back to Advanced search page with property type: For Lease
Thanks
Dam

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #93081 by Napoleon
Yes, I understand that they are 3 forms. However, the search criteria for each of them is acutally the same. The only difference is which is active (as indicated by the html in my previous post, and this is also recorded in
<input type="hidden" name="property_type" id="property_type" value="2" /> {where the value indicates which property type is currently selected.}

The problem with the current implementation is that, even before I submit my search, just changing from "For Sale" to "For Lease" causes the page to reload (and reset any input I have). Instead of having 3 forms, there should only be one.

So, what I'm suggesting is that changing the choice of property type should not cause the reload. And making it into tabs could achieve that, or simply making the property type into a selector. (But I like the tab 'look'.)

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan