OS Property support center

Access level for Agents but not registered users

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #92898 by Napoleon
How do I show menu items Manage Properties and Add Properties to Agents but not registered users?
I have created Access Levels and User Groups for Agents but can't figure out how to control access to those menu items.

(Reposted here instead of using the 'Popular' sub-forum. Please delete the other.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #92910 by Nguyen Phu Quan
Replied by Nguyen Phu Quan on topic Access level for Agents but not registered users
Hi,
In Configuration > Tab User type, there is the field Joomla User group, you can select the group for agents in OS Property. In that case, you will able to setup the access level for agents in OS Property component.
Thanks
Quan
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Nguyen Phu Quan.

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #92914 by Napoleon
OK, thanks. Is it possible to make it so that they join that group as soon as they register as an agent? Instead of after they post their 1st property?

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #92922 by Napoleon
Hi Quan,
I think you misunderstood what I was asking about. After a user has registered on my Joomla site, they are added to the "Registered" group. At this stage, OS Property does not know about them, and this is fine with me.
However, when a Registered user wishes to become an Agent, I would like is that the Joomla user group is changed from Registered to Agent. That is, I need Joomla to understand that the user is an Agent.

More
7 years 2 months ago #92975 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
It's impossible, Agent in OS Property is Joomla user too. And in case you have one Joomla group is Agent, your agents will be in 2 different groups: Registered and Agent.
So if you setup the menus with access level for Agent, the Registered user will not see those menus.
Dam

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #93082 by Napoleon
This can be done by using User Groups, similar to Authors, Editors, and Publishers. (For Access Level "Registered" , you can Edit Viewing Access Level, so you can set what User Groups can access content that requires the Registered access level.)
But that causes other problems, (like an approved Agent would still see the menu option to become an Agent) so I've raised this question in the Joomla forum.
Personally, I am planning to modify my Joomla installation to make this work smoothly.

• Napoleon
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #93425 by Napoleon
I have submitted an improvement to the Joomla Dev team that may be useful. It adds an Inheritable property to a menu item that controls whether users with other access levels can still see the menu item. So, even though an Agent is a super-group of Registered, the agent will not see the menu item if it is set to Inheritable NO.
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/13766

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan