OS Property support center

Looking for a freelance developer

• Josh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98751 by Josh
Looking for a freelance developer was created by Josh
Hi, I'm looking for a freelance php developer to customize an OS property feature.
Does any of you know (or are you) a reliable and conveneint developer who could help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 11 months ago #98973 by Nicholas Johnson
Replied by Nicholas Johnson on topic Looking for a freelance developer
What do you need to do?

• Josh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98976 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Looking for a freelance developer
I'd need to modify the current pdf view in order to allow it to issue A3 and A4 formats
and, most importantly, to allow the component to issue a pdf according to a html structure with tables, elements positioning, alignments and colours (the current code gets easily stuck), like the file attached.
I've got code from the old Hot Property extension (slightly modified from the original code, but working very well) I'd be willing to share to ease the work...
And I'd like to see it integrated with OS property in the end, in order to improve OSP pdf functions, if the developers here are ok with that of course :-)
Attachments:

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 11 months ago #98982 by Nicholas Johnson
Hi
I am in the process of adjusting the pdf for a single A4 sheet. Slightly different layout than your image. I attach an image of what I have so far. The rest should be finished this week.

Adding a second option requires some coding on the details page so that the settings for A3 and A4 can be made and to utilise a different layout. I will need a little time to work on a price for you.
Attachments:

• Josh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #99012 by Josh
Nicholas, thank you for your help, but please be aware that I am looking for a way to give me (and all the other users of OSP) complete freedom to decide positioning of pdf elements through html. I had this freedom with Hot Property (a Joomla extension not being developed for a few years and now deceased) and I feel is important for many realtors to have a showcase ready to be printed and easy to modify (with html knowledge).
I've already modified the current pdf view achieving the attached result, but still it's too sensitive and doesn't allow alignments and precise positioning.
If you want I can show how the HP code was set up and what are the results...
Attachments:

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 11 months ago #99016 by Nicholas Johnson
Hi
Currently the pdf is created using a mix of php and html.
The use of tables within the code can be difficult but with a bit of knowledge this is relatively simple.
If you are talking an interactive form design system similar to the likes of BA Forms where you have an interactive drag and drop and maybe sizeing of boxes to put the fields in then this is a totally different matter.

I think it could be nice to have this as a separate component. Then choose your page size and then drag what you want into boxes?

This would be expensive but if there were enough people prepared to crowd fund then maybe not so!

• Josh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #99030 by Josh
Nicholas, I fear such a solution would be overkill, html is easy for the majority of people dealing with web sites, and the solution HP had was very straightforward.
I'd like to show you just the pdf view to have an idea, look at this link
jmp.sh/0FcbKsP
at row 200 you see parameters (none other that tokens) for all elements (made up by me) I can decide for the A3 format, lower there's A4, lower again begins the html: it's easy enough, think about it.

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 11 months ago #99059 by Nicholas Johnson
Hi
If you want a simple solution and using html why not use the print page system. Virtually all systems these days have a print to pdf function or you can print direct from the web.
I have done this (partly not finished) on here: sunworld.es/index.php/en/?option=com_osp...roperty_print&id=520
or just visit any property on the site and select print page.

This is better and easier than the pdf as pdf system does not follow all html rules like overflow: hidden

you could have as many propertypdf.php files with different names and called from the property listing page. Or this could become part of the configuration where you choose your layouts which you want available on the property listing page. Customisation would then be easy starting with sample setups?

• Josh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #99063 by Josh
That would be a good idea, and I have dealt with print view, but I found it more sensitive than pdf view (eg, not displaying at all some elements), and I don't know if you can set it up with the guarantee that final result will look precisely like you intended.
The pdf does not add headers and footers and does not require you to modify settings to remove them.
I don't know if it is possible to set the OSP print view in order to store presets like printing formats (A4, A3, landscape, portrait) or hidden footer and header, do you know anything about it?
And did you extensively test the print view, I mean can you be sure that every html layout is achievable (in some way)?

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 11 months ago #99065 by Nicholas Johnson
Hi
With html you can fix your page and positions using <div> and you can easily restrict the amount of text to display again using <div>.
The only thing is to maybe create a usable menu/pop-up window so when you click print page you get an options box with the types of page you want to use.

This way the user can select the print format and the results are displayed. Then using your standard print you can either print to your printer or save as pdf

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan