• Theodor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #110958 by Theodor
How OS Property is Managing Images was created by Theodor
Hello.
I m trying to understand how you are handling the uploaded images of the Properties.
So far with my tests I have conclude to this:

MANAGING IMAGES AT BACKEND:

DISABLED WATERMARKS FEAUTURE:
They uploaded first to a folder with the id of the property , then they generate the Large images which they are going inside the Medium folder and in the Thumb folder they are generated the thumbnails .

ENABLE WATERMARKS FEATURE:
They uploaded first to a folder with the id of the property , then they generate the Large images which they are going inside the Medium folder and in the Thumb folder they are generated the thumbnails .
But this time inside the ORIGINAL folder it gets the 1st original image we have upload and outside the folders (inside the main folder of the id) the 1st original image replaced with watermark on it.

Is those right ?

===========================================
MANAGING IMAGES AT FRONT

Of course how you are handling those images in the templates is unfortunately not clear (no documentation) .
As for example in the theme3 the Pop Up Image in the property details are getting images from the medium folder , also in the list page the thumbnails there are getting images from the medium folder .
I am wondering the images from the thumb folder where they are use ?

And that is only in theme3, in other themes you are handling different the images .

Images is one of the most important chapter as now I have end up with full size in my hosting company .

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by Theodor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #111021 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic How OS Property is Managing Images
Hi,
When one picture is uploaded through OS Property for one property. It will be copied to folder "original", then, it will be copied and resized to thumbnail and medium pictures. Those pictures will be stored in folder "thumb" and "medium". Lastly, the original picture will be put in the root of Property ID folder, and it is added Watermark (if you turned this configure option)
The pictures in folder "original" will be used when you run tool: Re-Generate pictures. Because OS Property need "lean" pictures before resizing them to Medium and Thumbnail sizes
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan