OS Property support center

JCE Editor and Agent Add Property. (Frontend)

• Ian Hyde
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #111069 by Ian Hyde
Hi Dam,

If we set TinyMCE as the default Joomla editor then it displays OK in the Agents Add Property (details tab) in the front end.
If we set JCE editor as default, either system wide or just for that user, we get a plain text box with no editing/formatting options.
JCE works just fine through the backend.

Any thoughts please?

Best wishes,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #111070 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic JCE Editor and Agent Add Property. (Frontend)
Hi Ian,
OS Property use Joomla core function to show Editor through Joomla editor variable. You should contact with JCE team to ask them about this issue.
Thanks
Dam

• Ian Hyde
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #111072 by Ian Hyde
Replied by Ian Hyde on topic JCE Editor and Agent Add Property. (Frontend)
Hi Dam,

What I find a bit confusing is that JCE works fine through the back end (I've just added two properties that seem to display fine) and all the formatting options display fine.
I haven't tried to add through the front end yet. I am just about to try using tinyMCE. It's the formatting controls that just don't display.

So the confusion come about because, in the same component, it works in some places but not in others. I can see that JCE are just going to say that if it works in some areas then it's not a JCE problem. Surely if it's a JCE problem the editor won't work anywhere.?

Did you know that, if the agent is logged in then the features and description tabs don't seem to function but they do if you log out. I suspect that might be a config issue.

Best wishes,
Ian
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Ian Hyde.

More
6 years 1 month ago #111102 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic JCE Editor and Agent Add Property. (Frontend)
Hi,
Please go to OS Property Configuration page and select option to load Bootstrap library. I hope the issue will be solved.
Thanks
Dam

• Ian Hyde
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #111110 by Ian Hyde
Hi Dam,

No, that had no effect. Still no Formatting controls showing.

Best wishes,
Ian

• Ian Hyde
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #111120 by Ian Hyde
Hi Dam,

I suggest that you stop working on this problem as we have identified a number of potential issues using JCE in the frontend.

If a user decides to add an immage and they are accessing through the default profile then the entire image folder will be available for them to view.

There is a fix. Every user (agent) needs to be set up with their own JCE profile and their own sub-folder within the image directory.

We have around 40 companies waiting for our site to go live. Some only have one agent and some, the biggest, has ten. Now that could amount to 150 agents or more with each one needing to be set up for JCE. That is just in Saint Lucia. When we go to the other islands in the Caribbean you can multiply that number by at least 200.

Far too much manual work.

WE think we have a tinyMCE alternative which we will test on Friday and, maybe, over the weekend. I will let you know the results and update you as to how it went.

JCE now seems far to cumbersome to use in a frontend environment and, possibly, to dangerous and too time consuming.

Best wishes,
Ian
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Ian Hyde.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan