Advice on user selecting length of booking time

• Roger D
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #86257 by Roger D
I have a service in which I'd the user to have the option of booking 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 hours. How would you set this up?

Also, I'd like a declining rate the more hours they book: Example:
1 hour = $80.00
2 hours = $150.00 (second hour dropped by $10.00)
3 hours = $210.00 (third hour dropped by $20.00)

I assume I could make each added hour an additional "service", but hoping to do it from one service with selections.

Thoughts on making something like this happen?
Thank you,
Roger
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Roger D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #86258 by Mr. Dam
Hi Roger,
In each Custom timeslot, OS Services Booking has the field called: Discount by number slots added. It allows you to add fixed amount (percentage or fixed amount) with number timeslots are added to cart. Please try with it to see if this feature is suitable with you.
Thanks
Dam

• Roger D
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #86262 by Roger D
I installed the sample data. Turned on show slots in config, made sure tennis courts had custom times. But, I don't get the add more slots like the demo site. Thoughts?

More
7 years 7 months ago #86270 by Mr. Dam
Hi Roger,
I am not sure with your idea. Can you please explain it more details?
Thanks
Dam

• Roger D
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #86297 by Roger D
1) First, I seem to have misunderstood definition of "slot", I now take it to mean bring another person (or more) with you for the same appointment time range. And additional people can receive a discount (if discount is enabled) Thus it's a group reservation? So slots and seats are the same thing?

2) what I am wanting to do is let user select LENGTH of appointment. As example: they choose if it's 1, 2 or 3 hour long appointment? I.e. how long do you want to reserve tennis court for?

I know they could add three one hour slot to their cart back to back but I was trying to streamline that and apply a discount for each hour they addon, they get a reduced price much like slots getting a discount if you purchase X or more. Plus have to find back-to-back times manually.

I'm curious to know how you would handle letting your users choose the different length of time sessions?

As I get more familiar with this software I feel as though I need to set up separates services a one-hour tennis court service, a two-hour tennis court service, 3 hour tennis court, etc. And each have a reduced per hour rate built-in then they would select service tabs and then the software could find the time that fits on the calendar?

In short I'm asking them how long do they want to rent something for and the longer they rent the more discount they get.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #89012 by OS
So in case i offer 1h timeslots, it's not possible to give discount if customer is booking 2 hours in a row?
That's a thing I can'T find out right now.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by OS.

More
7 years 5 months ago #90042 by OS
no idea?

More
5 years 7 months ago #117541 by Dave Collerton
Replied by Dave Collerton on topic Advice on user selecting length of booking time
Hi Roger

I realise this question was posted a long time ago but I was wondering if you ever got a positive respose to your need? The type of things you wanted to do then, and probably now, is pretty much what I want to do. From what I have seen, there seems to be a reluctance to add multiple consecutive timeslots (component Koparent BTW does allow this) so I am wondering if you hit a brick wall?

Regards
David

More
5 years 6 months ago #117566 by Mr. Dam
Hi Dave,
We have tried to implement the feature to allow customers to add multiple timeslots into cart, but it's really difficult and relates to various parts. So that, we still aren't able to complete that work.
Thanks
Dam

• Roger D
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #117584 by Roger D
David, I concluded the only way was to create separate services of different numbers of hours. 1 hour a hundred dollars a 2-hour session $180 thus they would get a discount for the two hours. I never came up with a way that as they selected more hours the discount would calculate automatically.

Moderators: Mr. Dam