Newbie Questions

• Roger Kaufmann
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116344 by Roger Kaufmann
Newbie Questions was created by Roger Kaufmann
Hello,
I've recently purchased the extension and am thrilled with its capabilities, even if the settings are still somewhat confusing to me. I have a few beginner questions I hope somebody will be able to answer. Firstly, here's what we're trying to use OS Services Booking for: we run an open air movie theater, which only runs for 10 days a year, plus two days of setup (next in July 2019). Our theater is largely run by volunteers for whom we are trying to set up the extension so that they can easily book their time slots to help in various capacities (= services), ranging for waiting on tables to security. All available slots must be free (we can't charge volunteers for helping out ;)) and booking should only be available for the period of the next movie season (July 2019).

Questions:
  • can the calendar views be preset to show only the dates for the next season? Currently, they show from today on, which is changeable, but cumbersome.
  • even though payment is not required as prices are all set to zero, the payment options (Paypal, etc.) still show. Can this be disabled?
  • I gather that I need to define an "employee" in order to be able to offer an available time slot for a given service. I've therefore setup on employee, who's responsible. Would it be valid to define a service (e.g. waitressing), rather than an actual person from the user database?

I'm sure there will be more as I get deeper into it, but any help on these questions is appreciated for now. Many thanks!

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roger Kaufmann
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116345 by Roger Kaufmann
Replied by Roger Kaufmann on topic Newbie Questions
Solved the payment option issue (settings).

• Roger Kaufmann
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116446 by Roger Kaufmann
Any chance the two remaining issues above could be addressed? Thanks!

More
5 years 7 months ago #116447 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Newbie Questions
Hi Roger,
1. You can setup menu to layout: OS Services Booking - Default layout. In menu parameters form, you can select Start date and End date, (the dates that your booking system available for booking), thus, the start date in Booking form will be the first date that you selected in menu parameters form instead of current date as now.
2. You can go to OS Services Booking configuration > Tab: Booking Configuration and select Yes at field: Disable payment. Then, the payment options will disappear.
3. Employee can be a Joomla user or not, it's optional. But if you want employee to be able to manage his (her) work at front-end, you must assign the employee to specific Joomla user.
Thanks
Dam

• Roger Kaufmann
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116485 by Roger Kaufmann
Hi Dam & thanks for your replies... a few points:
1. I'm not sure I can localize the setting you're referring to. I've managed to se the dates in the location, but the calendar in the booking screen still default to today... Where is the 'default layout' where I can set start and end date?
2. got that, thanks!
3. I guess I can't use the employee, then, because I'm trying to get the volunteers to grad the available slots, which would make them (one of) the employees ... several volunteers will use the same slot.
I'll keep plugging away and hopefully will succeed... and more help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Roger

More
5 years 7 months ago #116537 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Newbie Questions
Hi Roger,
Could you please submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account. I will check the problem for you.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam