Variable Time Reservation?

• Dennis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #118455 by Dennis
Variable Time Reservation? was created by Dennis
First I want to tell you, nice job on the application. Definitely worth the money I spent. I can see the effort that was put into the app and I thank you for that.

Our use of your app is to reserve time in one of our several Work Environments (example: LAB, PoC, etc) which each category has assets (Servers, Network Switches, Infoblox, F5, etc).

I am trying to use the app how it is designed which is set a time block which is difficult since a LAB can be all over the place (maybe just four hours, maybe its a week)

My question is, is there a way to select start date and time and the select end date and time and now its submitted for acceptance? Obvioiusly it will fail if someone reserved time in the middle but NOT if the person reserving is not using the resource/asset that was reserved in the middle. Make sense?

Is this realistic or am I trying to make your app do more than it was intended to? It feels like its so close that I thought it appropriate to ask.

Thank You,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118509 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Variable Time Reservation?
Hi Dennis,
I am not sure with your idea, currently, the services in OS Services Booking are organized by the timeslots with fixed Start/end time. By this way, user will select timeslots they want to book. Thus, OS Services Booking will not allow user to enter Start and End time for their booking. I am not sure that is what you want.
Thanks
Dam

• Dennis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #118525 by Dennis
Replied by Dennis on topic Variable Time Reservation?
thanks. yea i was hoping for the ability to:
enter desired start date and time THEN enter end date and time and click search. if no conflicts give option to reserve that range, if conflicts, display conflicts so they could adjust start and/or end to achieve a successful reservation.

i like the time slots but would be cool to offer the ability to reserve multiple time slots with the search function.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118554 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Variable Time Reservation?
Hi,
There are some shortcoming in OS Services Booking, for example, component doesn't allow to add more than one timeslots into cart, they must add one timeslot into cart before continuing with another timeslot. Actually, we are still working hard to solve the problem, and i hope in future, this issue will be able to be solved.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam