the biggest flaw of OSB since years

More
6 years 11 months ago #97013 by gerry
I am sure many will agree with me that the biggest problem users encounter with this component is the loss of service selection once the date is changed.
1 User selects date
2 user selects service (not the first one in the list)
3 user checks timeslots - can't find a suitable one
4 now he changes the date AND LOOSES THE SELECTED SERVICE WITH IT, in other words, if he does not re-select the service (which is completely counter intuitive) he is looking at irrelevant timeslots and might even book them.

Is this really impossible to fix?
How about a step by step approach - very common these days with booking services:
1 select date (no other content shown)
2 select service
3 select timeslot
4 choose extras
5 check price
6 book it

In my humble point of view this is WAY more important than fancy gimmicks like waiting lists or time zones...
As a quick fix, a message could be displayed at date change: "New date selected. Please make sure you re-select your service"

Many thanks,
Gerry H
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ingrid Hernandez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #98786 by Ronni Hansen
Replied by Ronni Hansen on topic the biggest flaw of OSB since years
I totally agree.

The system should remember the selected Service AND employee (maybe by cookie), when the customer change date.

More
6 years 10 months ago #98817 by gerry
Replied by gerry on topic the biggest flaw of OSB since years
And The thing is, my freelance programmer fixed it within an hour. I don't understand why the OS team is refusing to take on this critical issue since years.

More
6 years 10 months ago #98853 by Ronni Hansen
Replied by Ronni Hansen on topic the biggest flaw of OSB since years
Hi Gerry.

Sounds good (for you) :-)

Maybe you could share the fix with community?

More
6 years 10 months ago #98890 by gerry
The hint I got actually in a funny way. Initially I posted this into the events booking component forum. And from there I got this reply:

"Agree it's annoying and has led to some incorrect bookings as users were expecting the current behavior. I did solve it in a way similar to what you suggested I created an extra tab assigned classes to them by modifying the code and the first tab is hidden and you see a message please select your service upon change dates.

Not as clean as probably a session cookie but it works real good.

Two more things you may want to be aware of if the user switches to another month the continued booking ceases to work I've mentioned it but Dam hasn't commented on that yet. And if you use the account balance if the balance is exactly equal to the current charge it will generate an insufficient funds error the logic in the code points to it must be greater than 0 it should have been equal or greater than 0, that was a quick fix throwing an equal sign into the code. The continued booking is way over my head."

OS-Team, anyone listening?

More
6 years 10 months ago #98891 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic the biggest flaw of OSB since years
Hi Gerry,
Your issue mentioned in this topic isn't solved in OS Services Booking. If you have solution to implement it, please provide us. It will help us to improve extension for other customers.
Thanks
Dam

More
6 years 10 months ago #98892 by gerry
Ok, just to clarify:
I have posted the issue in 2 forums, here and (wrongly) into the jomevents forum. Over there I got a reply from a user who managed to create a workaround. I have posted his suggestions above. Then I have given those to my freelance programmer, who solved the problem within an hour.
Dam, you are welcome to see the code on my page:
private-yacht.com/administrator
I'll send login credentials in PM

More
6 years 7 months ago #102676 by BTN
Replied by BTN on topic the biggest flaw of OSB since years
Hi Gerry,

That was me posted the reply about the work around, would mind if possible hooking me up with your freelance programmer, I'd like it corrected as you did?

Thank you..
Bruce

More
6 years 7 months ago #102816 by gerry
Hi Bruce,
sure, find Mr Avi here:
www.freelancer.com/u/joomlaeye?ref_project_id=11967669
He is a very capable man. OSB people, maybe you want to talk to him too.

More
6 years 7 months ago #102821 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic the biggest flaw of OSB since years
Hi there,
This feature will be added in next OS Services Booking version (2.5.6). New version will be release on next week.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam