Questions about Payment Form extension

Trouble emailing form.

• Ray Semenoff
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #121036 by Ray Semenoff
Trouble emailing form. was created by Ray Semenoff
I'm using Payment Form 5.4.1 on Joomla 3.9.1 and can't get it to email a completed form. I must be missing something simple!

I've created my form - it is working fine and PayPal payments are getting processed. In CONFIGURATION>MESSAGES I have created an Admin Email and filled in all of the desired information.

In my Form>Properties tab I have all of the messages blank/empty.

In my Form>General tab I have 3 emails (separated with commas) in the NOTIFICATION EMAILS field (i.e. joe@blow.com,bill@blow.com,jane@blow.com).

I'm using only OFFLINE PAYMENT and PAYPAL.

If a users submits an off-line payment, the email notification works fine!

However, I never receive email notifications when a PayPal form/payment is submitted.

Other components (including off-line payments) on the site send email successfully, so I know my SMTP configuration works fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance....
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Ray Semenoff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121041 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Trouble emailing form.
Hello Ray

The main question here is when you use PayPal, did you make payment? The system will only send emails after payment completed

So if you don't make payment when you are redirected to PayPal, no email will be sent

If you make payment, could you please access to Payment Form -> Payments, check to see whether there are any payment records related to that payment there? If Yes, what's the status of the record? Pending or Paid?

Tuan

• Ray Semenoff
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121050 by Ray Semenoff
Replied by Ray Semenoff on topic Trouble emailing form.
Thanks for the reply!

The Payments do go through (get processed) by PayPal. I've checked the PayPal account and transactions are being completed.

Now that you mention it, the PAYMENTS MANAGER >PAYMENTS list only displays the offline payments - there are no PayPal payments listed.

I'm running only two (2) payment plug-ins: os_paypal & os_offline

I've missed something simple - I just can't find it....

-- Ray --

More
5 years 3 months ago #121051 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Ray

That mean PayPal could not notify the system about the payment yet and that's the reason causing the error

Is your site public accessible (not on a local computer, not in offline mode, please)?

You can login to your PayPal account (which received payment), access to this page www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history , check to see whether there is any IPN message related to your payment, click on it to edit and send me the screenshot of that message details. I will look at it and guide you to correct it further

Regards,

Tuan

• Ray Semenoff
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121061 by Ray Semenoff
Here's the (copied) text from a recent PayPal transaction:
==================================
Message ID
2MN03512CR944441T

Date/time created
09/01/2019 16:37 MST (CA)

Original/Resent
Original

Latest delivery attempt date/time
09/01/2019 16:37 MST (CA)

Notification URL
saralink.ca/index.php?option=com_pmform&...ent_method=os_paypal

HTTP response code

Delivery status
Sent

No. of retries

Transaction ID
5V989854667670933

IPN type
Transaction made

IPN Message:
mc_gross=35.00&protection_eligibility=Eligible&payer_id=WR3X6UAFJ3GP2&tax=0.00&payment_date=15:37:06 Jan 09, 2019 PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=Ron&mc_fee=1.32&notify_version=3.9&custom=30&payer_status=verified&business=treasurer@saralink.ca&quantity=1&verify_sign=A5UBM41vuIk..JitVg8NUICXo59EAUYRUJRQR0qa9vSLCP-y3FHnfppi&payer_email=galiphraen@gmail.com&txn_id=5V989854667670933&payment_type=instant&last_name=Pettigrew&receiver_email=membership@saralink.ca&payment_fee=&shipping_discount=0.00&receiver_id=UH2HFDREFMQGS&insurance_amount=0.00&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Payment for SARA Membership&discount=0.00&mc_currency=CAD&item_number=&residence_country=CA&shipping_method=Default&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=&ipn_track_id=17fdc1c23abb2

==================================

Thanks for your help....

-- Ray --

More
5 years 3 months ago #121065 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ray

It looks all good to me. So I don't understand why it does not work on your site. Please:

1. Go to Payment Form -> Payment Plugins, click on os_paypal payment plugin to edit, set Log IPN Messages parameter to Yes

2. Run a new test, remember to make payment

3. Submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. I will have to check the logs to see why it does not work and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

• Ray Semenoff
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121081 by Ray Semenoff
Ticket has been submitted....

More
5 years 3 months ago #121094 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Checked and figured out the reason of the error. It causes by wrong certificate on your server

Please check the support ticket for detailed solution

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc