Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Do my customers have to be Paypal members?

More
14 years 2 months ago #2321 by Andy Gleed
Replied by Andy Gleed on topic Re:Do my customers have to be Paypal members?
Ok, this is very odd. I see by your screenshot that you are not asked to provide a password (for a new paypal account), but in my screenshots below, you will see I am asked for a password (to create a new paypal account).....I dont understand why or how you are seeing what I want to see lol :ohmy: :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2323 by Andy Gleed
Replied by Andy Gleed on topic Re:Do my customers have to be Paypal members?
Ooh it seems that 'feature' is only available to business paypal accounts :(

More
14 years 2 months ago #2360 by Barb Ackemann
Replied by Barb Ackemann on topic Re:Do my customers have to be Paypal members?
There is a setting in your paypal account for making Paypal membership optional.

I too have been frustrated with sites that force me to use Paypal.

But this is not a function of this extension -- it is a setting you must set on your Paypal account.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2361 by Barb Ackemann
Replied by Barb Ackemann on topic Re:Do my customers have to be Paypal members?
I notice that in setting the Paypal optional setting at paypal.com there is this additional info:

PayPal Account Optional
When this feature is turned on, your customers will go through an optimized checkout experience. This feature is available for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons, but not for Subscription buttons.

and

Customers can check out without a PayPal account

When the "account optional" feature is turned on, customers don't need a PayPal account. They use an alternate checkout and have the option to sign up for a PayPal account afterward. Customers with PayPal accounts still log in to their PayPal accounts to check out.

This feature is available for Buy Now buttons, Donations, and shopping carts.

Please note that if both the "auto return" and "account optional" features are turned on, customers who don't log in to PayPal can choose to go back to your website after checkout, but aren’t returned automatically.

They are saying that this setting will not work with Subsciptions -- Does that mean I can't set up recurring donations in jDonations if I want to allow use of credit cards without forcing paypal account?

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam