Are These Options Available

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #2179 by MyWorld
Are These Options Available was created by MyWorld
1. I know this offers the option to pay before the user can download, but if the user wants to receive the document in hard copy (by mail) is this option available?

2. Also, for documents, is there a way to give the user the option to preview a couple pages before they buy?

3. Will the users information be stored on the site for future purchase or is Community Builder required for this?

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2180 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Are These Options Available
Hi
Thanks for interested in Documents Seller extensions . Here are our answer to your questions :

1. I know this offers the option to pay before the user can download, but if the user wants to receive the document in hard copy (by mail) is this option available?

=> As soon as the user purchased document, the document will be emailed to the user automatically (If you set send document via email to Yes from configuration function of DMS) . Is that what you want :

2. Also, for documents, is there a way to give the user the option to preview a couple pages before they buy?

=> You can include the preview version of the document in the description field of the document (maybe a link to download a trailer version....) .

3. Will the users information be stored on the site for future purchase or is Community Builder required for this?

=> The information will be stored in database for future purchased .

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Thanks so much . I am looking forward to receiving your order .

Best regards,
Ossolution Team

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #2242 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re:Are These Options Available

=> As soon as the user purchased document, the document will be emailed to the user automatically (If you set send document via email to Yes from configuration function of DMS) . Is that what you want :

I'm ready to purchase this now but I just want to make sure that it can do both? I want the users to have the option to receive the document in their email as you suggested or by mail.

So I guess what I'm asking is their an option for the user to choose how they want the document (book) delivered? This is important because this is what my client is asking for.

Thanks!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #2245 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi
Currently, users cannot choose the way they want to receive documents. They will receive either documents as attachment, or via download link via email, or both (these can be changed via configuration function of DMS from back-end). If you purchase the extension, I will be happy to customize it for you so that customers can choose the way they receive documents for free .

Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #2254 by MyWorld
Wow I would be glad to take that offer but what would happen when I need to upgrade, wouldn't the changes be overriden? And, this might be a nice feature to add to upcoming versions :)

What I would like is:

1. If the user choose the ebook (pdf) version, after payment is received, they get an email with a link to download the file or the file gets delivered in their email the way you have it working now.

2. But if the user choose hardcopy, after payment is received, when they return to the site they get a message saying something like "we have received your order and your book will be mailed out to in 4-6 weeks".

3. We have the ability to turn off those options in case we run out of hardcopies or in case the PDF version is not ready (as is currently my situation right now)

4. Both users will have the option to download future updates...

If you are able to do this I will purchase it tomorrow or Monday. And, whenever I need any component I shall be coming here first. Thanks!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #2255 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

This seems to require many customization to DMS and most of customers don't need it, so I don't think I will implement it into the extension . I don't think there are any extensions has this feature .

Thanks ,
Tuan

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #2256 by MyWorld
Hi Tuan,

I just purchased Documents Seller. What do I do now? Should I wait until you've made the changes to install or I can install and configure then replace it with the modified version when I get it?

Thanks!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #2257 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can go ahead and install, setting up the extension. I will customize it for you when you setup everything ready .

Thanks ,
Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam