Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Questions about Event Max and Placement of Events

• Accuser06
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5137 by Accuser06
A few questions before I purchase the product.

I am not really going to use the product for events per se, but moreso to allow students to sign up for different term paper topics.

1. Is it possible to have the maximum "registrants" as 1 so that only 1 person can sign up for each topic? Once that maxium is reached, does the event disappear or can it just say "this topic has already been taken"?

2. Let's say I have more than one class. Is it possible to set up a different set of events (topics) on different category blogs? Would this work for lets say 5 or 10 different category blogs?

3. Does this link with community builder so my users only have to sign up with their username?

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5166 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Questions about Event Max and Placement of Events
Hi

Thanks for interested in the extension. Here is my answer to your questions :

1. Is it possible to have the maximum "registrants" as 1 so that only 1 person can sign up for each topic? Once that maxium is reached, does the event disappear or can it just say "this topic has already been taken"?

=> Yes. It is possible. For the message, you can choose to show or hide it from configuration of the extension .

2. Let's say I have more than one class. Is it possible to set up a different set of events (topics) on different category blogs? Would this work for lets say 5 or 10 different category blogs?

=> This question is not very clear. If you want to create different categories and add events to these categories, then the answer is Yes. However, if you want to assign one event to different categories, the answer is No. In the current version, each event can only be assigned to one category .

3. Does this link with community builder so my users only have to sign up with their username?

=> Yes. It is . When users access to registration form, the data stored in their CB profiles will be used to auto fill-in registration form so that they don't have to type these information again. Also, you can choose to show/hide any fields on registration form, they are configurable .

Hope my answers are clear to you .

Thanks,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam