Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Migration from old site: the user info; MPro

• Robert
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94069 by Robert
I'll be migrating an old Joomla 1.5 site to 3.6. Extra user info like employer, home address, home phone, etc. on each of the 1500+ users was collected into Community Builder. Getting that info is the only purpose of CB.

In theory Membership Pro could just collect that info so that CB isn't needed. However the problem is then how to get the current information into MPro custom fields & linked to the username so that it doesn't have to entered again. Is that possible? Otherwise, I could use the MPro CB integration but would have to continue using CB.

All the users are following "plans," just a radio box selection in CB. Related question is how to get migrate them into the relevant MPro plan?

Beginning to sound like a big job! I really like MPro and have previously purchased and will purchase the latest version (need the pro-rating) if I can migrate all these users into it on the new site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94100 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from old site: the user info; MPro
Hello Robert

You can find a way to export these existing users data into a CSV file, then use CSV import feature to import these users into the system, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/subscr...t/import-subscribers

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

• Robert
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94527 by Robert
Great. That should work just fine. So I'm proceeding to create subscription plans to demo to my client with the expectation to upgrade to the latest MPro if the system is approved, as I'm almost certain it will be. Must have the prorating option!

A couple of little questions arose while working on this.

1. How may users simply update their subscription info details without any renewal or new subscription?
2. One plan is a lifetime subscription. In that case there will be no renewal, upgrade, or recurrence. Yet sending out a notice once a year, like "update your details" would be nice. The plans don't have custom renewal messages that could be used for this purpose, however, that I can see. So am I right to assume this will need to be done via mailing list & cron job?

Thanks again.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94545 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Robert

1. You can create a menu item to link to user profile menu option. Users can access to that menu item to update their profile data. At the moment, we don't have an option to allow update individual subscription records, something we can try to add support for in the future

2. For that, I guess the easiest way would be using a newsletter extension like ACYMailing. The idea is that you assign users to a mailing list when they subscribe for your plan, then using newsleter extension to send newsletter email to them to ask them to update the information... whenever you want. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/newsletters-integration

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

• Robert
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #94997 by Robert
OK, got the User Profle working and my client is working on an updated user list in Excel that updates the old Community Builder info. I see that will be no problem thanks to your mapping tool.

Last question: most my client's users pay offline. The memberships expire at the end of the year and then they all send in checks, mostly, though some will now use Paypal. Maybe I missed it but I don't see in the subscriber's list, in the backend, how subscribers can be marked "Paid" in batch or in the list. You don't have to go into each profile to do that, do you? Tnx!

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #95034 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Robert

1. If you just want to mark the records as Paid, just go to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, check on the checkbox next to each record, then press Publish button in the toolbar to change status

2. However, It is actually not enough. You would also have to change subscription end date of the subscription. For that, you would have to click on the record, then press Renew Subscription in the toolbar. At the moment, we only allow renew one subscription at a time

Please try that process, if it works, I can try to allow renew multiple subscription records at a time in the next release

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam