Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

User-submitted File Maintenance - is it possible?

• randallwhiteman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #5803 by randallwhiteman
User-submitted File Maintenance - is it possible? was created by randallwhiteman
Hi,
I wish I had found your component a couple of years ago before I invested a lot of time with another shopping cart to cater for selling downloadable goods. Anyway...

My site is set up and working for the selling part, but not the uploading of files by the end-user and maintaining that information.

Can you see anyway that your products can do the following?

Purpose:
End User - Add / Maintain details about (and pay listing fee for) their own files to be sold on my website (through a separate shopping cart component)
Admin User - Review user-submitted details (including payment status); upload details to the shopping cart component; automatically send reminder emails at set intervals before each file's annual subscription expires

Additional functionality:
- PayPal payment automatically updates the file payment status (note: PayPal IPN notification script already set up for shopping cart component, not sure if I can use for dual purpose)
- view history of changes to a particular file (end-user for their own files, admin for any file)
- view payment history for a particular file (end-user for their own files, admin for any file)
- view subscription renewal date for a particular file or multiple files (eg end-user filtering all their files or just one of their files, admin searching any or a single file)

Information stored for each unique file listed on the website:
- 2 files
- various front-end details (eg Title; Description; etc)
- various back-end details to enable the above functionality (eg date listed; payment date; renewal date; etc)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam