Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Event registration not working.

• njonow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98798 by njonow
Event registration not working. was created by njonow
Hi,
I'm having a rather major issue. I have event registration set up, with tickets. I buy one ticket for 1 dollar and pay with Paypal.
I successfully pay and get re-directed back to the website where my registration details are shown.
I get email receipt from Paypal for the money I paid in.

HOWEVER...

There is NO RECORD of my event registration in Event Booking.

Any suggestions what's wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #98821 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event registration not working.
Hello

There are many reasons can cause this issue. So first, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site, we will take a quick look at your setting, test it with test mode and guide you to troubleshot it further

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 7 months ago #102675 by Alexander Maassen
Replied by Alexander Maassen on topic Event registration not working.
I am having the same issue. After paying I get a confirmation message (no details) and that's it. I can see that an ID has been provided but all records have gone missing.

Could you kindly point out some typical misconfigurations/problems that might cause this issue? I would like to track this down myself but have no idea where to start.

More
6 years 7 months ago #102678 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alexander

Could you please first go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Show Incomplete registration records config option to Yes

Then go to Events Booking -> Registrants, check to see whether there is a registration record associated to your last test? Then we can check it further

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander Maassen

More
6 years 7 months ago #102684 by Alexander Maassen
Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, all tests are showing up. Status is 0, I only have the German translation of pending/working on it.

More
6 years 7 months ago #102687 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It might happen because PayPal IPN is disabled in your PayPal account. Please:

1. Follow the instructions at www.jotform.com/help/276-How-to-Enable-IPN-for-Paypal to enable PayPal IPN in the PayPal account which receive payment on your site. PayPal will ask for IPN URL, simply enter URL of your site into that parameter

2. Go to Events Booking -> Payment Plugins, click on os_paypal payment plugin to edit, set Log IPN Messages parameter to Yes.

After that, try to register again, make payment, and let us know the result. If it still doesn't work, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we check the IPN logs to see what's causing the issue and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander Maassen

More
6 years 7 months ago #102742 by Alexander Maassen
Just for future reference, should anyone have the same issue in the future - there was some kind of spam protection on the server that blocked the IPNs. Thank you for the great support, it is greatly appreciated!

Best
Alex

More
6 years 7 months ago #102745 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for updating us with the information. I'm glad that the issue was successfully sorted

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam