Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Events Booking pre-sales questions

• Michael Pavey
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #110236 by Michael Pavey
Events Booking pre-sales questions was created by Michael Pavey
Hello,

We currently run a Joomla store using Virtuemart (at www.cg-la.com/store ) in order to sell event registrations. I just came across your Events Booking plugin and it looks like it could be a much better solution.
  1. Is there a refund policy? It's hard to know how well it will work with our current setup (we use the GavickPro GK Storebox template in our current store, and GK Rockwall for the rest of the site) without trying it out.
  2. We currently use Paypal Payments Pro for payment processing. However, our current setup is not great for this as it doesn't provide any error messages when users' cards are declined, and it doesn't adapt to show the requirements (e.g. ZIP code) for different countries. Does your plugin (included with the software) address these shortcomings?
  3. Alternatively, is there a way of using the Paypal payment screens to handle payments? The Paypal payment option on your joomdonation.com demo website appears to do this (perhaps using Paypal Standard??), but the 'pay by credit card' option on the initial Paypal screen is quite hidden, which would be a problem for our users.
  4. In addition to selling event registrations, we also sell sponsorships and even memberships via our current Store. Is there any way to handle these using Events Booking? Or would we need to run a separate ecommerce plugin in addition?

One other piece of feedback is that we usually have more than three pricing periods for our events (for instance, Pre-Registration, Lightning Registration, Early Bird Registration, Regular Registration, Rush Registration). It's unfortunate there is no support in the software for this setup (only Early Bird, Regular and Late, judging by your documentation). But we could live with this and just manually switch the pricing if need be.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #110241 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking pre-sales questions
Hi Michael

1. Yes, we do provide money back warranty. Just go ahead to purchase and try, if it doesn't work as expected, you can request us for refund

2. Our Payment plugin does show the reason of the error if payment is not success

3. Yes, that's standard PayPal payment plugin which comes with the extension by default. If you use this plugin, users will be redirected to PayPal for processing payment (they won't be allowed to enter credit card information directly on your site for processing payment)

4. You can try to create it as events to see whether it works. if not, then Yes, you will need to use an additional ecommerce software

5. For this, I think you will need to change pricing manually. Events Booking supports early-bird discount, but you can only setup one early-bird , not multiple like you describe

Hope my answers are clear to you

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 8 months ago #116191 by Evelyn Wong
Replied by Evelyn Wong on topic Events Booking pre-sales questions
is the early birds pricing still catering to one early bird only? If it is. its a shame because for REAL events, we also run a few different type of early bird based on date.

If this is taken care of, then I am closer to choosing this product.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116192 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Unfortunately, early bird discount still has one early bird date only. So if you want to have multiple early dates, the only option is changing the early bird discount manually when date change

Tuan

More
5 years 8 months ago #116193 by Evelyn Wong
Replied by Evelyn Wong on topic Events Booking pre-sales questions
Hi Tuan
Unfortunately, multiple early birds discount is part of the REAL world sales techniques to show what the visitors have missed if you do not sign up quickly.

So keep changing the date is not an option.

Besides,we had 150 over events a year, so to manually monitor the date and price is also not possible.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116205 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Joshua

I will see if I can improve it in the future. For now, I still want to focus working on other more important improvements first

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam