Upcoming Events-Timeline Layout Help Please

• Deborah Petersen
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 4 days ago #111796 by Deborah Petersen
Upcoming Events-Timeline Layout Help Please was created by Deborah Petersen
I have recently purchased Events Booking and am trying to understand how to use it. On this page ( eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/fronten...ents-timeline-layout ) it states the following: "There are 4 menu options you can use to display upcoming events". I want to use the Upcoming Events-Timeline Layout on my Home page to display events but I'm just getting stuck on what is meant by "To use this layout, you need to ceate a menu item to link to Upcoming events - Timeline layout menu option of Events Booking. " How do I go about doing that? Please be specific.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 days ago #111797 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Upcoming Events-Timeline Layout Help Please
Hi

Do you know how to add/edit a menu item? For your need, just edit the Home menu item, change it to link to Upcoming events - Timeline layout menu option of Events Booking and it will work well. See docs.joomla.org/Help38:Menus_Menu_Item_Manager_Edit to know how to edit a menu item

If you don't know how to do it, submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can change it for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Deborah Petersen
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 4 days ago #111800 by Deborah Petersen
Replied by Deborah Petersen on topic Upcoming Events-Timeline Layout Help Please
My Home menu is currently set to Featured Articles. If I change it to Upcoming events - Timeline layout menu option then it messes up my Featured Articles. Right?

More
6 years 4 days ago #111801 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, that's correct. It will replace your Featured Articles section if you change the menu

If you want to both display featured articles and upcoming events layout, you will need to display upcoming events as a module. Try to use this module eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/advance...tures/eb-view-module , it should do what you need. Of course, your template must have a module position with enough space to display these events

Tuan

• Deborah Petersen
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 4 days ago #111802 by Deborah Petersen
Replied by Deborah Petersen on topic Upcoming Events-Timeline Layout Help Please
I changed the setting just to see it and it worked so I will have to work around this. I don't think I want to use a module but I will play with it. Can I change the font size? It is larger than I would like.

More
6 years 3 days ago #111808 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If you want to change font-size, you will need to add some custom css. You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site, link to the page and tell us the change you want. We will add some custom css to make the change for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Deborah Petersen
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 3 days ago #111815 by Deborah Petersen
I really think that font size should be a feature available right up front. Not something that I would have to create a support ticket for you to do for me every time I want to change the size. Thanks for helping me out!!

More
6 years 3 days ago #111819 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Font-size is something not defined within the extension css. It is controlled by your site template css, that's why we want to have account to help with adding the custom css code to change it

If you don't want to give us access, you can send us the link to the page and tell us how you want to change it. We will give you some custom css code so that you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, paste it into Custom CSS code tab, save it to have it works as expected

As it is night time here now, please send us the link and we will answer you on tomorrow morning

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam