Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Ordering Display Registrants List on custom field

• Gerry Reilly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago #111809 by Gerry Reilly
I am looking to try to quickly implement a booking system for a martial arts tournament. Unfortunately we are currently dependent on an unsatisfactory system and Event Bookings looks like it could potentially be nearly perfect. One thing I need to be able to do is display a 'view only' list of registered competitors grouped by division. From the documentation it looks like Display Registrants List would allow us to display but ordered only by ID. I saw that there was an override to change from ascending to descending but I would need to order by a custom field.

Do you plan to extend to allow ordering by other than ID? If not, please could you let me know whether the code is structured in such a way that it would be reasonably easy for me to write an override to allow this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 days ago #111822 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ordering Display Registrants List on custom field
Hi Gerry

Yes. There is a way to allow you to override it easily:

1. First, you will have to have data for that custom field stored in database table #__eb_registrants. We have a hidden tool allow you to do that, just access to this URL domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...d_id=ID_OF_THE_FIELD

- replace domain.com/ with URL of your site
- Replace ID_OF_THE_FIELD with id of the custom field which you want order registrants data by the field

2. The modify the code to have data ordered by that new field (just change order by clause of the query)

Hope it helps

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerry Reilly

• Gerry Reilly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 days ago #111958 by Gerry Reilly
Replied by Gerry Reilly on topic Ordering Display Registrants List on custom field
Hi Tuan.

I have taken step 1 and this appeared to work as I got a Done! message. However as an Event Bookings newbee I am a little confused as to what I now need to do on step 2. What I want to do is to have a menu item that will bring up the Registrants List order in this case by a custom field (id is 17 in my case)? Where do I need to change the query string to do this and do you have an example of what the modified query still should look like?

Thank you for your help.

Gerry

More
6 years 2 days ago #111980 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ordering Display Registrants List on custom field
Hi Gerry

If so, it's not easy to guide you. Better, submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account

2. Link to that page

3. We will edit the code to have the data ordered by that custom field

Regards,

Tuan

• Gerry Reilly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 18 hours ago #112044 by Gerry Reilly
Replied by Gerry Reilly on topic Ordering Display Registrants List on custom field
Thank you for the excellent support. Override provided through the support ticket works fine and it is clear from the original file and override what tweaks I may need to do to further customise.

I am really impressed with the component but even more so with the great support you provide around it.

More
6 years 18 hours ago #112046 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for your nice words, Gerry

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam