Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Filter by agent

• Omar Wyllie
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #112715 by Omar Wyllie
Filter by agent was created by Omar Wyllie
I have convinced multiple agents to list their properties on my website but I need each agent to have their own page (like homepage.com/agentname) that shows ONLY their listings everywhere on the page, even on the modules.

I know the modules can be filtered by country, city, property type etc but I don't see an option to filter by agent / company. This means that even though the main listings are filtered, there is still a possibilty that side modules are showing properties from a competing agent, which I want to avoid.

So is filtering by agent possible on modules, especially on the Google map and featured properties modules?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Omar Wyllie
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #112768 by Omar Wyllie
Replied by Omar Wyllie on topic Filter by agent
For anyone else interested in this topic, I went ahead and purchased OSP Real Homes anyway. As expected, there's no filter by agent option but there is a "Category" field that I'm using as a workaround since most of the modules already support filtering by category. The categories by default were "Flooring", "Renovations" etc which I really don't need so I'm going to try to edit some language files to change all occurences of the word "Category" to "Agent / Company", then I'll effectively be filtering by agent.

I think it'll work for my purposes, and there's the added benefit that a single property can be listed under multiple agents (since a property could be added to multiple categories).

Hopefully I don't run into any unexpected problems in the future with this workaround.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Omar Wyllie.

More
5 years 10 months ago #112769 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Filter by agent
Hi,
Actually, we don't think "Agent filtering" is good idea. In real estate sites, we have a lot of agents/ owners (Some agents or owners will have the same name). So that, adding Agent filtering will make listing page become slowly, users will confuse with agents/ owners who have the same name.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam