Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

OSE Membership migration

• jgribble
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113251 by jgribble
OSE Membership migration was created by jgribble
I represent Education Law Association, educationlaw.org. Have used several of your apps over the last seven years, and all work well. Also excellent support.
Been trying without success to find out if the new "Dream Team" will fulfill our needs and be compatible with the old OSE Membership software. In both cases it appears not. Not sure where they are headed, but they are leaving small businesses behind with their pricing and business plan. We are going to have to migrate to a more stable platform with a less volatile future.
I have the skills and then some to install, configure and customize apps.
But this is going to be complicated, and we would be interested in hiring you to actually do the migration from OSE to Membership Pro.
Membership Pro would also have to be integrated with our members directory, powered by SobiPro.
I would like to open a dialogue, please feel free to email me directly.
Many thanks,
-Jim Gribble'
Javelin Communications

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113254 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic OSE Membership migration
Hi Jim

Honestly, migrating data from OSE Membership to Membership Pro will cost you much money, about 250$ to 300$.

So please think about it carefully before making decision

Regards,

Tuan

• jgribble
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113257 by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic OSE Membership migration
Tuan,
They are looking to charge $89 per month while insisting that we use their server, which we are not about to do because we have a great multi-year deal with SiteGround.
Your initial estimate doesn't sound unreasonable at all, given that somebody has to do the work, and you would do it a lot faster than me, because you built the software.
My client understands that nobody works for free. I have frequently hired developers directly because that's the cheapest and best way to get it done. I would do a lot of stumbling around before figuring it out. My expert knowledge is pretty vast, but doesn't extend to database migrations. You would get the hours and the paycheck instead of me, and that's just fine.
I suspect you are going to get a lot more inquiries such as this one. Open Source Excellence is getting out of the Joomla extensions business, leaving all their longtime customers behind. So more business for you.
I appreciate the fast reply!
You can see the existing system right here. It has worked great but the "handwriting is on the wall." As with OSE, we need the capability of directing in individual plans to separate Joomla user groups, because the site has multiple user communities with different levels of access.
educationlaw.org/about-ela/membership-plans
Best,
-Jim Gribble
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

More
5 years 11 months ago #113258 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro can handle different user groups base on subscription plans very well, no worry. If your client wants to go with this direction, we will need you to submit a support ticket to discuss further about how to move forward with this

We will need to access to your site database and if it's possible, a copy of OSE Membership extension so that we can look at their database structure and migrate the data to Membership Pro

Regards,

Tuan

• jgribble
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113259 by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic OSE Membership migration
I will submit the ticket and am happy to provide the access. Will talk to my client tomorrow. She usually trusts me to make these decisions. It is late at night here and time to close the office. The OSE app has gotten antiquated in that it doesn't use event triggers and also doesn't use the Joomla update system, plus it's not mobile, will not work on phones. (Membership Pro does, I believe.)
Take care and I will touch base again tomorrow evening my time, which I believe will be Wednesday morning your time?
I will have to email you a copy of the OSE software directly because it is almost 5M, too big for the allowed upload here. Please send me an email so I can do that.
Best,
-Jim G.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113264 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can send it to my email tuanpn@gmail.com

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam