• Chad Criswell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114171 by Chad Criswell
Fallback on expiration in Membership Pro was created by Chad Criswell
Two questions below:

1) In the feature list it says:

Joomla ACL / Joomla User Groups integration
Assign subscribers to selected Joomla User group(s) when he sign up for a subscription plan.
Remove subscribers from these groups when their subscription expired.

Does this mean that when a subscription expires the member will be rolled back to registered status? The one thing we need to make sure you offer is falling back to a default plan. I reviewed the documentation and didn't see an answer to this. The way it works now on our current site is that everyone is a lifetime member if they register. That gets them certain access to the site. If they're a paying member then they get more access. Once the subscription expires due to time or non-payment they rever back to the default plan.

2) We will be migrating from AEC to Membership Pro. You apparently have an AEC to Membership Pro migration script. Do you offer tech support on that migration process if it is needed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #114173 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Fallback on expiration in Membership Pro
Hi Chad

1=> Actually, you can control what user group your subscribers will be assigned to when their subscription expired, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla...subscription-expired

So in your case, yes, you can fall back to default plan when subscription expired

2=> I am sorry, I could not offer free support for migration. In good case, migration should go well. However, in case you are getting trouble, it will take much time to debug (might be because something with AEC version). I don't remember exactly the version of AEC which I written the migration for, it was from long time ago. So prepare to debug it yourself. In case you need us to check and migrate data, we might have to charge you from 100$ to 200$ for the migration (sorry, AEC database schema is very complicated and it's not easy for checking and completing the migration)

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam