Built-in PDF indexing vs PDF indexing plug-in

• Bruce Wilson
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #114634 by Bruce Wilson
Built-in PDF indexing vs PDF indexing plug-in was created by Bruce Wilson
Can you explain to me what the difference is between the pdf indexing that is built into Edocman compared with what the PDF indexing plugin will do? Both seem to index pdf content so it can be found with a search. I want to make sure that Joomla smart search will find results for pdf content (not just pdf title or descriptions).

Edocman description:
Edocman also has feature to search for text inside uploaded files. Indexing happens automatically on our servers on upload with PDF, Microsoft Office documents.

PDF Indexing description:
Indexing pdf, doc and docx documents and save content of these documents into database for searching.

I just want to check before I buy the plugin.

Thanks
Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 hours ago #114752 by Dang Thuc Dam
Replied by Dang Thuc Dam on topic Built-in PDF indexing vs PDF indexing plug-in
Hi Karen,
Edocman has PDF Indexer plugin, it is used to index (scan and stored) PDF or DOC (x) document details. That function is the same with PDF Indexer extension. The difference here is the PDF Indexer plugin of Edocman can only be used to index one document on one time while PDF Indexer can be used to index all documents of Edocman on one times.
In general, if your Edocman system has a lot of existing document, using PDF Indexer will save your time when indexing content of all documents. But if you want to build new document site, you just need Edocman.
I hope my explanation is clear to you.
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongDang Thuc Dam