Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Membership Pro - PayPal Plugin vs MP PayPal Pro plugin

• Cor Visser-Marchant
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116314 by Cor Visser-Marchant
Membership Pro - PayPal Plugin vs MP PayPal Pro plugin was created by Cor Visser-Marchant
Please direct me to information explaining the difference between the standard Paypal plugin and MP Paypal pro plugin you are selling. I am trying to make sure my customers do not have to establish a Paypal account, which they are now asked to do. I have gone through all the Paypal settings and the MP and plugin options and cannot see a way to address this issue.
Can you help please?
Kind regards,
Cor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #116315 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

• Cor Visser-Marchant
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116316 by Cor Visser-Marchant
Replied by Cor Visser-Marchant on topic Membership Pro - PayPal Plugin vs MP PayPal Pro plugin
Thanks Tuan,
That clears it up, I do not want to collect credit card details myself, nor wish to pay an additional subscription to Paypal, so I don't need that, but it still leaves me with a problem:
* PayPal is forcing people to setup a paypal account when they subscribe to my site - how can I fix that?

More
5 years 8 months ago #116317 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro - PayPal Plugin vs MP PayPal Pro plugin
It's actually controlled by PayPal, depends on the country payers come from.... and out of our control

There are few tips which could solve this issue membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/troubl...-available-on-paypal

You can try to follow instructions from there to see whether it's possible. Otherwise, I am afraid of PayPal does not enable that option in your country and we could not do anything in this case

Tuan

• Cor Visser-Marchant
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116318 by Cor Visser-Marchant
Replied by Cor Visser-Marchant on topic Membership Pro - PayPal Plugin vs MP PayPal Pro plugin
Thanks Tuan,

The PayPal menu structure has changed, but I managed to find the Website preferences under the Selling Tools option. Paypal says this under the PayPal account optional setting:
"When this feature is turned on, your customers will go through an optimised checkout experience, even if they don't have a PayPal account. This feature is available for Buy Now, donation and shopping cart buttons, but not subscription buttons."

Is there a way in MemberShip Pro I can have a monthly recurring payment setup for PayPal without triggering the Subscription type on PayPal?
Do all "recurring subscriptions" in Membership Pro automatically trigger this in PayPal?

Thanks Buddy, your advise is greatly appreciated!

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam