Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Dynamic filling/creation of PDFs

• john doe
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116523 by john doe
Dynamic filling/creation of PDFs was created by john doe
Hi there, I am in the following situation.

I have users with a joomla user account. Each of this accounts holds name, birthdate etc.
I also have OS Property installed on my joomla page, and want to send my customers (users) documents.

I want to set up a system that automatically mails my users a few PDFs that are dynamically generated with the users name, and other personal data such as address from the profile.

As far as I have seen OS Property doesn't offer the option to create PDFs or fill form fields within existing PDFs. Now my question would be if any of your other products supports something like this.

Either creating PDFs from scratch with the customers data from his profile or filling that data into form fields. Examples are included in the attachment or below.

This is an example document with form fields but no data.

This is an attachment that is partially filled

Does any of your products support something like this?
Sincerly,
Asmodeus
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #116529 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Dynamic filling/creation of PDFs
Hi,
Unfortunately, OS Property doesn't have feature to allow to create PDFs or fill form fields. Actually, we don't think that's necessary feature in OS Property. OS Property has PDF export function, it is used to export property details to PDF file.
Thanks
Dam

• john doe
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #116574 by john doe
Replied by john doe on topic Dynamic filling/creation of PDFs
Thanks for the reply, I already assumed that OS-Property isn't capable of this.

Could I use Edocman or maybe payment form to accomplish this? As explained above I would need the extension to do the following.

1.) My customer decides to lease/buy/etc. a property thats listed in OS-Property
2.) He gets the usual conformation mail from OS-Property etc.
3.) Additionally I need to either fill or generate these files automatically without human interaction.

Now, my question is if ANY of your etensions, not necessarily OS-Property, is capable of accomplishing this?

I am aware that PHP can generate PDFs with libaries such as the following
Some of these only support creation, others support filling of form fields in PDFs.
Does any of your extentions, regardless of which extension, offer functions like this?

Taking my users data out of joomla/the Database and fill it into my PDFs?

Additionally, Drupal has something like this. I will leave a link here so you can see what I mean. FillPDF - Drupal

You can have anything like this? Otherwise I might just have to go ahead and code it myself. :(

Sincerly,
Asmodeus

More
5 years 7 months ago #116575 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Dynamic filling/creation of PDFs
Hi,
Please add my Skype name: thucdam84, and we will discuss more details about your idea.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam