Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Calendar view questions

• Livius Chebeleu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116717 by Livius Chebeleu
Calendar view questions was created by Livius Chebeleu
Hi,

I was checking out the demo site and have some questions.

1. What is the difference between calendar and full calendar views?
2. I like the look of the full calendar view. Can the calendar view be styled just like the full calendar view? Or, can the full calendar view be configured with the same event popup's like in the calendar view?
4. Can the event popup in the calendar view be customized? I'd want to remove the table display and order the info in a paragraph form and add a thumbnail.

Thanks/Livius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #116720 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Calendar view questions
Hi Livius

1. It's two types of calendar. As you see, the layout, style look a bit different between the two. Also, Full calendar uses ajax to re-load calendar data (when you navigate to different months/years), so the page is not re-loaded. With calendar layout, the page is re-loaded each time you navigate to new month, year.

Full calendar is difficult to customized than the calendar view. The reason is because that layout is generated by javascript, while the calendar layout is generated by PHP / HTML

2. You will need to style it yourself if you want to change it. Sadly, we don't support popup in full calendar yet

3. Yes. But you will need to customize the code of that popup output (in a php file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/common/calendar_tooltip.php . It should not be hard to make this customization

Regards,

Tuan

• Livius Chebeleu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116721 by Livius Chebeleu
Replied by Livius Chebeleu on topic Calendar view questions
Hi Tuan,

Just curious on why there's two types of views then?

Since regular calendar view is PHP/HTML can the look be adjusted as well?

I'm currently using another calendar app cuz the look is ideal but the support is extremely frustrating and your's has some desirable functionality. My existing site calendar is here . I would be trying to get your calendar to look similar. Please let me know what you think.

For the popup or any other customization, can your team provide fee based coding support? I'm not a coder and there's a limit to my ability and may need pay for coding services.

Thanks/Livius

More
5 years 8 months ago #116722 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Calendar view questions
Hi

1. The original calendar is old calendar, which has been developed for years. It doesn't look good as the new calendar

2. The full calendar is a new modern calendar and is used by most of calendar applications these days, so we support it (the once you are using on your site right now is full calendar, too, it has tooltip support which ours extension does not support at the moment). But I guess we can support it in future (very soon, maybe in one or two weeks)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam