Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

OS Services Booking: Is it beauty- and barber compatible for us?

More
5 years 6 months ago #117119 by J.H
Hello,

After trying several booking-systems, I haven't found the booking system for us yet... which made me more or less send a question with some requirements before trying the trial/full version, I hope you understand :-)

Could you please answer these questions or, perhaps, read our use case below and check if that is possible:
  • Can "breaks"/"pauzes" be defined and not overruled by bookings from customers?
  • Can they be defined per resource? (i.e a tanning bed does not require a lunch break)
  • Is it possible to make an appointment like 'balayage', existing of 30 mins painting, 30 mins pauze (thus available for another booking), followed up by a 30 minutes cut? (without overruling other appointments/breaks, or passing the closing time)
  • Can a service be chosen before choosing a resource? (i.e we offer tanning. The resource being booked is 'Tanning bed 1' or "Tanning bed 2', but we do not want the customer to see or even choose that.

• Is it mobile friendly and monkey proof? (some customers.... *sigh* :-) )

• Is the module a one time payment and are future updates included?

As far as I have read the FAQ, lots of other things like defining resources, linking them to services, and Google Calendar integration should be just fine.

As for the usecase:
It's a beauty & barbersalong. Two persons are running it. One does all the beautytreatments, the other the haircutting and so on.
Apart from that, there are 2 tanning beds, and some wellness facilitiets like a sauna.

The persons have different opening times / time shifts.

Some treatments exists of "30 minutes treament", "pauze", "30 minutes treatment". During the "pauze", someone else can be helped.
For instance, when booking balayage at 9.30, it should look like (in appointments)
"09.30 - 10.00" - Booked
"10.00 - 10.30" - Available
"10.30 - 11.00" - Booked

But, if one tries to book this at 11.00, this should not be possible because it's lunch time from 12.00 - 13.00. Same goes to booking at 17.00, cause the shop closes at 18.00

Thanks in advance for your time and reply.

Kind regards,

J.H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #117200 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Actually, i am not sure with your pre-sales question. In this case, you can spend time to visit demo of OS Services Booking: osb.ext4joomla.com/ and check to see if OS Services Booking is suitable with your requirements.
By the way, you can setup custom break time easily for Services and Employees easily.
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 6 months ago #117203 by J.H
Ah thank you - I will check in to that. Can you point me into the right direction where to find the 'Administrator'-part where I can configure time tables, check out the break times, and so on? I see a login, but that does not bring me to the back-end.

More
5 years 6 months ago #117334 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
You can login to Back-end OS Services Booking demo site through this link: osb.ext4joomla.com/administrator with account: manager/manager
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #117367 by J.H
Thanks - however, some options like 'Custom time' are disabled and, so far, I could not find a way to get my service scheduled the way I would like. Can you help please? I'll try to rephrase my original topic in a service I would like to create/book.

I have a service called "Balayage". This service actually exists of "2 services" which both have a duration of 30 minutes, with 30 minutes "waiting time" in between. This waiting time should not be blocked in the agenda when planning.

Thus, this should result in, when someone books "Balayage" at 09.00 AM, that "09.00-09.30" is booked. 09.30-10.00 represents an available timeslot, and "10.00 until 10.30" is booked as well. This would make it possible for another customer to book something at 09.30. This could be regular haircut which has a duration of 30 minutes, or another balayage.

Actually this is nothing more than booking 2 services at the same time, with a fixed gap of time in between. Would be nice of that's possible. But it would be just perfect if this is possible in any (other) way :-).

Excuse me please if I didn't describe what I'd like properly (again), but to make it a bit more clear, I made a screenshot. In this example I took your default 'massage' service as an example, starting at 08.00 am lasting until 09.00 am. The customer then has a pauze from 09.00 until 10.00, leaving space to provide someone else of (any kind of) service. At 10.00 am the service continues and ends at 11.00.

Thanks again for your time!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by J.H.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam