Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Joom Donation Questions...

• An LeFevre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #117418 by An LeFevre
Joom Donation Questions... was created by An LeFevre
Hello.

I'm looking at Joom Donation as the component for my school's Fun Run Fundraiser where each class has a goal amount to reach the overall school goal amount. Each class will have their own SP Page Builder page that will include Joom Donation component.

I have a few questions regarding Joom Donation:

1. When donors submit payment via the PayPal plugin, will I, as the campaign creator, receive a confirmation of the transaction with the breakdown between donation and PayPal fees? (I used another donation component that notified me of a donation, but never confirmed whether or not it was finalized and what transaction fees were paid.) I know Virtuemart does this breakdown but does Joom Donation?

2. Is there a way to add a button for donors to check if they want to pay the transaction fees? IE, I want donors to check a button that says "Please add $2 to my pledge to cover all transaction fees" and then it will automatically add $2 to whatever amount they donated.

3. Is there a way for donors to add a message to their donation that will be posted to that specific donation page?

4. Other than share the page via social media, is there a way to text via mobile the donation link?

Please see attached picture for an example of a working site with a mobile texting option as well as "Encouraging Words" where donors can add their own message.

Please answer quickly as I need to get this component working within a month of the event.

Thank you!
An :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #117420 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Joom Donation Questions...
Hi An,
Thank you for interested in Joom Donation, regarding to your questions, i would like to answer as below:
1. When donors submit payment via the PayPal plugin, will I, as the campaign creator, receive a confirmation of the transaction with the breakdown between donation and PayPal fees? (I used another donation component that notified me of a donation, but never confirmed whether or not it was finalized and what transaction fees were paid.) I know Virtuemart does this breakdown but does Joom Donation?

-> Joom Donation has feature to allow administrator to enter Payment fee, and it also allow donor to select to pay Payment fee (Yes/No). If donor select option Yes, the payment fee will be added into final donation amount.

2. Is there a way to add a button for donors to check if they want to pay the transaction fees? IE, I want donors to check a button that says "Please add $2 to my pledge to cover all transaction fees" and then it will automatically add $2 to whatever amount they donated.
-> Answered above

3. Is there a way for donors to add a message to their donation that will be posted to that specific donation page?
-> Donor can enter the message (Notes), but currently, the notes can only seen by administrator at Back-end side

4. Other than share the page via social media, is there a way to text via mobile the donation link?
-> Nope, Joom Donation doesn't have feature to send the Donation link through mobile via text messages
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: An LeFevre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam