Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Daily events over 2 weeks - booking for 1 day

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119433 by Richard
Can you tell me if this component will allow me to:

List an "event" which is run over 2 weeks but the user can book for a specific day during those 2 weeks. The "events" are only 1 day events and not "overnight" and i dont want to list 14 different events and leave them to pick one out when they are all the same?

Hope that makes sense!

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #119437 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Daily events over 2 weeks - booking for 1 day
Hi Richard

In this case, I think you just need to create one event with the event start date and event end date is the date you want.

In case you want the event to be listed as multiple entries in calendar (each day from event start date to event end date is an entry in calendar), you can turn it on in a config option in the extension

Hope the extension meets your requirement

Tuan

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119448 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Daily events over 2 weeks - booking for 1 day
ok im not fussed about the calendar i just want to know that the user can book one day out of the 14 or so that are shown for the event. Im not really clear how to do this. I have an old version of the component (2.12.2) and it isnt clear how to do it, as long as i know it works i will obviously get the latest version. Maybe the older version is a lot different to the current?

More
5 years 5 months ago #119450 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Daily events over 2 weeks - booking for 1 day
Hi Richard

So you want users to choose one day from one of the 14 available days? If so, there is no change in latest version which handles it. There are two ways to handle this requirement:

1. Create a custom field to allow users to choose the date they want to attend on registration form

2. Or add different dates for the event using additional dates plugin eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/miscell...itional-dates-plugin . Plus, go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Show children events date under parent events config option to Yes. Then when user view the event, they will see list of available dates and choose to register for the date they want, like on this event on our demo site joomdonationdemo.com/eventbooking/featur...tures/multiple-dates

Tuan

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119455 by Richard
Multiple dates plugin looks like the one i want many thanks, i will re subscribe when i have it all working, always best for security im sure, my version is from a long way back!

More
5 years 5 months ago #119456 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Richard. Hope you will get it works in the way you want, and looking forward to seeing your renewal

Tuan

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119457 by Richard
Im not sure that this setting "Plus, go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Show children events date under parent events config option to Yes." is in my version? Perhaps i need to upgrade first?

More
5 years 5 months ago #119458 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Richard

Yes, if you don't see that option, then it's not available in the version you are using and you will need to update first

Tuan

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119459 by Richard
No problem will sort on Monday, im getting into trouble for working at the weekend !!

More
5 years 5 months ago #119470 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Richard. Please update, then setup it when you are ready and let us know if you have any questions

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam