Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

PDF Indexer

More
5 years 3 months ago #121248 by Xav
PDF Indexer was created by Xav
Hi,
I actually already purchased and just positng here becasue I can't find a "PDF Indexer" section. It's working well on my site to index uploade documents (pdf, doc and docx) however I'm looking to automate the indexing process either each time a new document is uploaded or by cron on a daily basis.
I can't find a way to do so.
Please advise.
Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121254 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic PDF Indexer
Hi Xav,
Unfortunately, PDF Indexer doesn't have cron task feature to run documents indexing automatically. To index content of PDF files, please go to Back-end -> Document Indexer and click on "New Index" button to index new documents.
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 3 months ago #121276 by Xav
Replied by Xav on topic PDF Indexer
Thank you for your reply. That's unfortunate. I wish I had known before purchasing it. Any chance that you could give me indications of the php script that runs when the "New Index" button is pushed? Could calling it via cron solve my problem? If not could this be a feature added in a future version? I'm pretty sure that most users would have a use for it.
As it is now it really works only when either the amount of content is fairly static or there is an admin working on the site every day.
Regards.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121279 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic PDF Indexer
Hi,
Actually, i don't think using cron task is good solution in this case. When PDF indexer indexes PDF files, it will work with one file at one time before redirecting back to continue with other files (automatically). Reason of this problem is we need high memory to index content of PDF files, so we can't index all PDF files at one time (without delaying).
When we use Cron task feature, we should index all PDF files at one time, and i am afraid your server will not have enough memory to do it.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam