1. Yes. You can import it, there is a tool to allow you to do that
2. However, the system won't ask these imported users to pay for the subscription. Once imported, they will have active membership. So I think you should not import in this case, just ask them to go ahead to subscribe for your subscription plan
Many Thanks for the advice.
I will probably mass email all users to Register with Membership Pro rather than migrate all users.
When they Register with Membership Pro will we duplicate Joomla Users ?
We use AcyMailing and would assign all Membership Pro members to a mailing list.
All Joomla users are already in one or more AcyMailing lists. Will this remain when they become Membership Pro members? Will this show when viewing Membership Pro members? Do you avoid duplicate entries in AcyMailing when an existing Joomla user registers with Membership Pro?
1. No, when existing users subscribe via Membership Pro, they won't be duplicate Joomla users. They can just login using his account on subscription form before continue the subscription process. In short, each user will only have a Joomla account
2. Yes, Nothing changed when these existing users subscribe for a subscription plan in Membership Pro, We don't show what mailing list the user is subscribed to when viewing members in Membership Pro. It's managed in ACYMailing only
3. Of course, Membership Pro avoid duplicate entries in AcyMailing, don't worry
I would suggest you to purchase a copy of the extension to try. If it does not work as expected, you can request us for refund
I will purchase the xtn soon but am preparing for the admin changes needed. We have 300 Registered Joomla Users who can log in to front end and then view and book Events. Certain Events are on viewable to Registered Users and some viewable to the public although logged in users get a discount.
Soon we will have another group - Paid up Members. Not all Joomla users will immediately pay to become Members. Will I have to offer a second frontend login for Membership Pro or will the existing Joomla Login work for Members as well as ordinary users ?