Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Virtuemart or Eshop, doing some research already an Eshop member

• James Shields
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122174 by James Shields
Giang Dinh Truong,

My friend,

You have always been responsive to all my questions and I appreciate it, I was the one not following up with your responses because I am always super busy and the e-commerce section of our website is just neglected because we do not have time for it. So the reason my eshop is not as successful, is because of me not your extension, just me. With that said I am buying another year for my website that I manage, or neglect so no worries there.

However i was recently burned by an extension; JoomUltra JuDirectory. It went bad from the beginning when I tried paying him for the extension and should of red flagged it and walked away. Needless to say, I added 1000 items to it and can't upgrade my php as the extension crashes. So now i have to come up with a directory, This person is in your area, if you see him, smack him upside the head for me, but it looks like he fell off the earth.

So my concerns with doing another site with eshop, that is going to have all my attention and very large with at least 5,000 products are as follows.

1.) I have cold feet since the JoomUltra guy fell off the planet, he is in your area and obviously their is no recourse besides kicking my own ass. Which I do weekly.

2.) there is no about you or your company, or at least I didn't see it

3.) I am thinking of using virtuemart only because I believe 10 years from now, they will still be offering support, what happens when you decide to quit? What are you plans? How long you going to keep doing this for?

4.) What about joomla4 integration?

ON A POSITIVE! I found an article that that lists you as the top 3 e-commerce BEST extension with almost 38,000 integrations So you are VERY credible when it comes to E-commerce sites

Soooo... I am sorry for the rambling, but as you can see my concerns. I used Virtuemart before and it sucked, but that was in the old joomla 1x days.

Thank you as always!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #122267 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear James Shields,

Thank you for submitting the topic here. Regarding your questions:

1. I don't know much about JoomUltra developers / team. They maybe also come from same my country but to be honest, I don't know much about them as well as never meet them.

2. Virtuemart is free Joomla ecommerce extension. I have ever worked with this extension for few years (around 2010 - 2012). VM is very good extension for Joomla 1.x, but not good for Joomla 2.x, special is for Joomla 3.x. Many of our customers move to use EShop instead of and they are very happy :)

3. EShop is the best choice for you from now on I think. Of course, it will be also compatible with Joomla 4 once it is relased.

So let's continue to use EShop for this your new project / website. If you need any other helps, please communicate with me via ticket system.

Sincerely, Giang

• James Shields
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122286 by James Shields
Thank you for your response. I will order today a new eshop for a new website

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #122291 by Giang Dinh Truong
OK Thank you James!

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam