Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Membership Pro membership expiring/pending but money received

• iliane lorenz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124029 by iliane lorenz
Hi I was wondering if anybody has run in a similar problem.

We have been using MSP since Sept 2017.
Plus Minus March 18, 2019 I started having problems.

I am not quite sure what exactly is happening but here is what we seem to have been experiencing.

When an existing member is renewing through Paypal I receive their money but the members subscription in MSP is being expired.
When an existing member is renewing through authorize.net their subscriptions are extended correctly.

When a new member is registering through Paypal, the subscription is setup in Paypal and but the subscription in Membership Pro remains as PENDING. When we had the site set up to require an activation email the email was never sent and the Joomla User was not set up. When we changed that to activation email not required, the Joomla User gets created.

I now had a new member try to subscribe through authorize.net and the same thing happened. Money received in authorize.net, subscription in MSP created but Pending, Joomla user created.

Can somebody help me out? this is a bit of an issue because I'm worried that all my members will have to be maintained manually after this which will cost me probably more than they are paying me :(

I really appreciate your input!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iliane lorenz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124030 by iliane lorenz
I just did another test and registered first for a free member. the accounts MSP/joomla were created and the activation email was sent out. I activated the account.

Then tried to upgrade my account to a paid account. Was sent to paypal (live not test version), paid, received payment, received the following message when returning to the website -- however the member in MSP still only has a PENDING paid subscription. I really appreciate your help!

Here the confirmation message.

Subscription Complete

Dear iliane

Thank you for being part of our website. You have just completed upgrade your subscription from Bronze to Silver Monthly. Your subscription for Bronze is now expired and you are now active subscriber of subscription plan Silver Monthly. The subscription detail is as follow:

Plan Silver Monthly
Username ili-t4
Subscription Start Date 04-06-2019
Subscription End Date 05-06-2019
First Name iliane
Last Name xxxxxxx
Email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Organization
Address xxxxxxxx
City xxxxxx
State xxxxxxx
Zip xxxxxxxx
Country United States
Phone
Price $9.95
Payment Method Paypal
Transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Regards,

New Trails Learning Systems/Horse Boy

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Usually, it happens because PayPal IPN is being disabled or blocked. Please follow my response in support ticket and we will get this issue sorted

Tuan

• iliane lorenz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124039 by iliane lorenz
You are right it was the IPN. Thank you so much for the fast response and guidance on how to fix it. Authorize.net is working as well. I don't know maybe the lady that had signed up with it just had bad internet when she tried to subscribe.
Appreciate your help!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124043 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks lorenz. I'm happy that everything is working as expected and the issue is not causing by my extension

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam