Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Pro-rated Upgrade

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124654 by Leon Jackson
Pro-rated Upgrade was created by Leon Jackson
Hello Tuan

We are using 5 plans in our website level 1 to level 5. Recently I came to know about the pro-rated upgrades that might be useful for what I want. I read its documentation but some of my points left unclear. Here is what I wanted to achieve:

Suppose level 2 is of 10$ and level 3 is of 20$. Both are monthly and 'RECURRING' plans. Now a user registers for level 2 on 1st May, 2019. It being a monthly subscription, his plan will expire on 1st June, 2019. Now he wants to upgrade to level 3 on 10th May, 2019. I want him to pay the amount that is left of his previous plan to be subtracted from the new plan that he is upgrading to. So, in this case, he roughly has 7$ left of his previous plan and new plan is of 20$. So he needs to pay 13$ roughly.

I found out how to achieve this using pro-rated upgrade. My query is what option should I select for recurring subscriptions so that from the start of next month user will pay the total price of the subscription plan and the process goes normal from next month and every month.

Regards
Leon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124656 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Pro-rated Upgrade
Hi Leon

Unfortunately, pro-rated only works for upgrading from one time subscription plan to another one time subscription plan at the moment

For recurring, it's quite complicated and not supported yet. If it's supported, the money of his previous recurring will be used to minus the price of first month of upgrade subscription only, not the following month

Regards,

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124657 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic Pro-rated Upgrade
Thanks Tuan.

What do you suggest here that I can do in this situation. Is there somewhat similar to what I want can be achieved?

Regards
Leon

More
4 years 11 months ago #124658 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Leon

As of right now, we have no solution for that requirement. I will try to support it for recurring subscription in the future but as I said, it's quite hard and not supported by all payment gateways (for example, we could not process upgrade subscription properly because PayPal does not have an API to allow us to cancelling his previous recurring subscription). If you use Stripe, Or Authorize.net or PayPal Pro, it should be possible

Regards,

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124672 by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

Please see discussion in image attached and if you could answer each of these points we can then complete this issues.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124679 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Leon

1. Annual upgrade still complicated. If you set price of the upgrade option to 40$, then each year, users will have to pay 40$, not first year 40$ and then following years 60$.

2. If so, in the upgrade option, you can just set the upgrade price to 7 and when users upgrade, he will be charged 7$ for each month

3. If so, in the upgrade option, you can set the upgrade price to 5 and each month subscribers will be charged 5$ as the client wishes

4. Not sure if the PayPal accounts you are using allows making API calls? I guess you can try to install this modified plugin and test it www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...curring-payment.html

If it works (cancelling recurring subscription works), I can integrate the change to core os_paypal payment plugin for you to support cancelling recurring subscription

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124690 by Leon Jackson
Thanks for responses Tuan,

Please see feedback which I'm sure will help many of your users also..

1 To get around this, can we not offer the option to upgrade within a certain time period (within 3 months for example) and user then receives a discount code for this first payment and then normal payment for the year after. So if they are Level 2 annual and within 3 months upgrade to level 4 £65 (£40 difference) then if they apply the discount code, it will charge them £40 for first payment and £65 for the year after. Could this solve the problem, as the annual subscription price does not change, we are simply applying the discount code during this first 3 or 6 months whichever we decide).

2 Yes this is fine

3 Ok this is fine.

4 We will look at this and install to test.

If you could let me know further support on this for task 1.

Thanks.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam