Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Membership status

• Steve Drake
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126415 by Steve Drake
Membership status was created by Steve Drake
I am using Membership Pro, with Paypal (sandbox) and off line for testing purposes. I have both working where they take the payment and return to my site, but I cannot find how to change the members status of enabled and active from x to on.
I manually must go to the subscriber screen and click the 2 buttons on and then they work.
How or where do I set this to be done once the payment is completed?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126419 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership status
Hello Steve

If your site is public accessible, then subscription status should be active automatically after subscriber completes payment for the subscription

Maybe it's Pending because PayPal could not notify the system about the payment (because the site is not public/accessible) ?

Tuan

• Steve Drake
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126420 by Steve Drake
Replied by Steve Drake on topic Membership status
While this is a development site, the site off line status is set off, so it is open to the general net. I did not see any options in the paypal payment settings that allowed me to set this functions subscription status to active, like in the offline payment function. But that function also keeps the user blocked when i return to look at the membership status.
I am sure I am doing something wrong or missing a simple step. just can't seem to find what I am missing. Thanks steve

More
4 years 9 months ago #126436 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership status
Hello

You need to set your site online public accessible for the system to work. So in short:

1. Your site needs to be in online mode, not offline

2. Your site needs to be accessible from outside (for example, not on local computer or in an intranet)

The reason is because when users make payment, PayPal needs to notify Membership Pro about the payment. So if your site is not accessible, Membership Pro won't be notified and the status of the subscription will remain Pending, not active

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam