Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Payflow features supported in Membership Pro MP Payflow Pro Plugin

• Kawika Heftel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #127268 by Kawika Heftel
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding documentation for your payment plugins for Membership Pro.

Does the MP Payflow Pro plugin allow us to accept both paypal account balance and credit cards, and can we do recurring subscriptions that are cancelable from from our site?

My work bought Membership Pro and the MP Paypal Pro payment plugin, but the plugin only does credit cards, not paypal balance, and if we use the "regular" paypal plugin for recurring payments, it's only cancelable if they go to their paypal account and log in, and we need to be able to allow members to cancel through our website.

If not, can you suggest a better processor/plugin that might meet our needs?

Many thanks for a quick response!
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kawika Heftel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #127273 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Kawika

1. PayFlow Pro payment plugin only accepts credit card payment

2. PayFlow Pro payment plugin does not support recurring subscription

For your need, I think you can just use this modified version of PayPal payment plugin www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...-payment.html#124599 , it offers both the features you need

Regards,

Tuan

• Kawika Heftel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #127316 by Kawika Heftel
thanks for your response! I'm confused - that plugin you linked claims to be able to cancel a paypal recurring subscription, but everything I've read says if you use the "regular" paypal plugin distributed with membership pro for free, the user has to cancel their subscription from within paypal itself because an API is not exposed to allow the subscription to be canceled from my site.

More
4 years 7 months ago #127341 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The plugin I mentioned on this forum topic www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...-payment.html#124599 is the modified version of standard PayPal payment plugin

Give it a try, it will work

Tuan

• Kawika Heftel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #127977 by Kawika Heftel
awesome!

I tried it, and set it to sandbox mode, and entered our sandbox email (there are other API-related fields, but I wasn't sure whether to fill them in or not, as the stock paypal plugin just takes a sandbox email), and bought a subscription using a sandbox account. When I went to look in backend, there was a cancel button next to the subscription, but clicking it, I got "Error: You do not have permissions to make this API call".

I will try adding my sandbox API test credentials next and try again.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Kawika Heftel.

• Kawika Heftel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #127978 by Kawika Heftel
that did it! Entering the API Test User, password, and signature allowed the subscriptions to be canceled from the admin backend. I wonder why this doesn't also allow them to be canceled from the frontend.

More
4 years 6 months ago #127979 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

It should be possible to cancel the subscription from frontend, too

If it is not, please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of the site
2. A subscriber account
3. Link to user profile page

I will check to see why it's not possible to cancel and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 11 months ago #133249 by David Blayne
Would you please write one for Payflow that accepts recurring? I've spent 75.00 in plugins on the site and none works. Please advise. We need this feature.

More
3 years 11 months ago #133250 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

I'm sorry but the payment plugin does not support recurring subscription. If you need a credit card base payment plugin which supports recurring payment, I would suggest you to use Stripe payment plugin. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/faqs/r...ring-payment-plugins to see list of payment plugins which support recurring payment

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam