Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Eshop - PayPal Pro Payment Gateway question

• Paul Porteous
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #127922 by Paul Porteous
Eshop - PayPal Pro Payment Gateway question was created by Paul Porteous
Hello,

Can you confirm whether the EShop Paypal Pro Payment Gateway Plug-in has the ability to do "redirect"

I have a customer who used to use PayPal Pro up until recently with another ecom system.. so we are looking to move to Eshop and use the PayPal Pro payment gateway plugin.. ..

The customer who used to use PayPal Pro where you fill in the form for Credit Card Payment on the actual sellers website (not on PayPal).. but this was then flagged with PCI Compliance by TrustKeeper ... Even though the site is all SSL HTTPS etc.. (hosted with Rochen)

So from my understanding after investigating this.. due to TrustKeeper.. (according to Trustkeeper) to use PayPal Pro on a shared hosting platform.. you need it to redirect to be compliant.. even though my client has SSL and HTTPS.. all things it needs.. TrustKeeper says it cannot be classed as secure if a customer is filling in the form on the sellers website.. so due to this PayPal limits account access.. and made us revert back to the Standard PayPal method..

The only way to have PayPal Pro used is with a method called "redirect".. So I was wondering and need to know whether the Eshop PayPal Pro plugin has this capability?

I see there is another Plug-in called PayFlow.. I am unclear but maybe this is the alternative that I need for redirecting?

Can you please advise? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128028 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Eshop - PayPal Pro Payment Gateway question
Dear Paul,

Thank you for submitting the question here:

1. PayPal Pro only accept the credit card payment on site, it can not redirect users to PayPal website.

2. We have standard PayPal payment plugin, you can use it to redirect users to PayPal to make payment from there.

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam