Date-triggered Custom Fields in EB

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #68464 by James Riley
Date-triggered Custom Fields in EB was created by James Riley
I find I've been doing a lot of manual "activate custom field X / deactivate custom field Y" in order to handle things like multi-tiered early-bird discounts, valid-until-certain-date add-ons (eg. meal add-ons that must be booked min 1 week before event, and not available after that date), compensating for different individual vs. group early-bird rates (EB doesn't let you set different early-bird rates for group and individual registrants), etc.

Would you consider adding support for date-triggering custom fields at the event level? This would make custom fields far more flexible, and enable users to handle more advanced price tiering and options.

Mockup example:

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Date-triggered Custom Fields in EB
Hi James

To be honest, this kind of requirement is too specific and not many customers will need it, so I don't think I can implement it in the core download package.

Looking at your requirement, I might think and implement it in a different way. For example, allow defining discount rules based on number of registrants, registration date....

That would give end users more flexible when they want to provide discount for the event... Something we can think serious on it and add support for in the future

Tuan

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #68494 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Date-triggered Custom Fields in EB
Thanks for your response and alternate implementation suggestion, Tuan.
My event team comes up with promos that I have to somehow implement. Anything that can be added would be a big help (or any suggestions on how I can access the early-bird date in code so that I can write my own field-disable/enable routine -- I guess I can just query the db myself, but a already-existing-variable would be so much simpler) .

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68504 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Date-triggered Custom Fields in EB
Hi James

The logic for calculating registration fee is all located in one file components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php

Look at the function calculateIndividualRegistrationFee

calculateGroupRegistrationFee

You can see the logic to calculate early bird discount... , then think and found the best solution to meet your need. I am sorry for could not implement this feature to help you

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc