Search Location

• Jean-Luc TREVILLY
  • Topic Author
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #166587 by Jean-Luc TREVILLY
Search Location was created by Jean-Luc TREVILLY
When I create a category menu, timeline for example, I get a view of the events in this category so far so good, however I also have the possibility of filtering by locations, the problem is that I don't want that in the filter you can see all the places or all the categories because I will ultimately have almost a hundred to enter!
My question is how to exclude from the search filter what is not related to the menu page?

What I want is that when we are on the page of a category or several we can only see the places corresponding to these categories

Maybe I need to change the structure of my site?

The project is:

20 people will manage identical events in different geographical areas with attached locations

so I have 20 users
100 geographic areas (these are categories for me, but I may have made a mistake)
in each geographical area there are on average 3 places
The events are training courses, they are all identical so no need to sort the events

The visitor to the site, depending on his location, will choose the event closest in distance and location.
They choose a geographical area (therefore a category) and on the category page they will choose a location and a date

It is then important that they do not see a hundred places!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #166588 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Search Location
It's complicated to make it works like that. However, there is a workaround which you can try :

1. Get this attached file, unzip it, upload the received file to components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/common folder

2. Edit the menu item which you created to display events, there is a parameter called Locations, select the locations you want there

Then only events from these locations will be displayed and also only these selected locations will be displayed in the filter. That should work for your need

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Luc TREVILLY

• Jean-Luc TREVILLY
  • Topic Author
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #166590 by Jean-Luc TREVILLY
Replied by Jean-Luc TREVILLY on topic Search Location
Gorgeous ! It works as expected.
I think it will be necessary to keep the file in the event of an update ?

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #166593 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Search Location
No. I will include this change in core download package of the extension, so you don't have to keep the modification yourself. It will be part of next update

Tuan