New Paypal Payment form

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
1 week 4 days ago #166683 by Martin Boire
New Paypal Payment form was created by Martin Boire
I recently discovered that the Paypal payment workflow of one of the shopping carts I manage has changed. 
While until now all that was needed was the Paypal email of record, the new PP payment requires a connection to the paypal account.
When the connection is initiated, PP asks several identity questions and only after answering them the connection is established.

Since our donation page only takes Paypal, it's that going to affect us or are donations handled differently? Is there a new PP payment plugin I should be aware of?

This is the shopping cart page about the new Paypal payment plugin:  www.hikashop.com/home/blog/497-hikashop-4-7-4.html

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 7 hours ago #166765 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic New Paypal Payment form
Hi Martin,
To be honest, we aren't sure about this change. When we test the Paypal payment option, it still works normally as previous. Nothing changes, we will keep following on this matter.
Thanks
Dam

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
6 days 21 hours ago #166796 by Martin Boire
Replied by Martin Boire on topic New Paypal Payment form
Thank you. Please keep an eye on it as this change may be imminent. When I tried setting up the new Paypal plugin for Hikashop, PP asked me a bunch of questions I couldn't answer because the account belongs to my clients and we haven't had a chance to go online together to activate the new plugin.

I am only guessing this may be a PP wide policy. For all I know it may just affect certain types of transactions.
If I learn more, I'll post it here and I'll take screenshots of the process (properly blanked up) so we can all get a better ideaa of how it works.

More
6 days 2 hours ago #166830 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic New Paypal Payment form
OK Martin

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt